Monday, April 13, 2009

What do you give a diabetic for Easter?

Candy, of course.  Yeah, Tom bought Zach and me a bunch of Easter candy.  I wish I could say I was strong and resisted.  I ate way too much until I asked Zach to hide it from me.  I have no willpower of late.

I feel like such a whiner but I just can't shake this fatigue.  All I want to do is sleep or just lie in bed. I'm not even knitting much at all.  I read for a bit and get so sleepy that I have to take a nap. Fortunately Zach didn't have to be on campus tonight but we didn't know that until after I took Tom to work so I have to stay up late enough to pick him up.  

At least I don't have to get Zach to school tomorrow until late afternoon so I can sleep in.

Tom is probably getting a bit fed up with me because other than some really simple meals (and some frozen stuff heated up in the microwave) nothing is getting done.  He cleaned the kitchen today and didn't seem too happy about it.  I need to finish up the laundry but the thought of climbing up and down the stairs really doesn't appeal to me.  I could have Zach do it, I suppose, but I don't really need the laundry done today so I think I'll just wait on it.

It's cold today.  Around 38 degrees.  Tom started taking the plastic off the windows this morning. I stopped him before he could get all of them off, but I don't know what he was thinking.  He said he wanted more light in the kitchen but the shade is still in the position it was behind the plastic, so I don't know.  

I'm finding it hard to care right now either.  I just want to feel good again.

I've got pizza in the oven and after I eat I'm going to just lie down until I need to go pick Tom up. This is not a good way to save money though...cooking freezer stuff.  I need to reconcile the check book as well as get Zach's FAFSA done this week.  

It's a vicious cycle, I think.  I know eating better would give me more energy but eating better requires a)more money because healthy foods cost more and b) more effort because eating better requires more food from scratch.  I just need to find that one moment when I can get the upper hand.

This week is going to be terrible as far as getting rest since Zach has class on Saturday in West Bend and has to meet afterwards in a restaurant.  Trying to eat healthy on the run has eluded me so far, especially when I've got to deal with meals out.  It looks like it will be another week before we can get started on our fast-food-free month.

I'm off to bed.  I'm striving to go sugar-free as well which is not easy because I found the chocolate Easter Bunny that Zach missed.

TTFN

No comments: