Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Eve

We're back to one vehicle yet again.  This time the truck is down with a bad brake.  And by bad, I mean non-existent.  Apparently something broke off and was spinning freely on the rotor, scoring it so badly that we have to replace it.  Fortunately they had a rotor in, but another part we had to order.  And it won't be in until Tuesday.  Tuesday is the day we're up in Fond du Lac all day so it will be Wednesday before Tom can get it.

Which means I'm back to driving all over Wisconsin.  I had to do it Friday because both Tom and Zach had to get to work at different times so I had to be flexible enough to be able to drive everyone where they needed to go.

Unfortunately I'm dealing with a huge fatigue factor that is just wearing me down.  I took two naps today and I'm worried I won't be able to sleep tonight.  I'm going to miss the Easter Vigil and decoration of the church but I just don't have it in me.

But on the plus side, the pain isn't too bad.  It always seems to work out that way.  Sometimes the pain and fatigue overlap but I just never catch a break.

Speaking of not catching a break, the price tag for the brakes (Tom went ahead and replaced the other brakes as well) is staggering.  

Zach found the camera so I hope to get some pictures of my blanket and shawl.  Plus I need to stake out the garden tomorrow and I'll try to get a picture of it.  I'm not sure I'll have the energy to start breaking the ground but maybe Tom will.  Zach, unfortunately, has to work tomorrow. Most of the fast-food restaurants are closed on Easter, but not McSnacky's.

And speaking of fast food, Zach and I have made a deal that we will stop eating out (after we get through this week of me being on the road non-stop) and we plan one meal in a nice sit-down restaurant, like Applebee's instead.  Just once a month.  It's cheaper in the long run and gives us some kind of motivation to quit.  There are healthier choices in a nicer restaurant and more selection as well.  If we give in at any time, the countdown starts over again.

I hope we make it.

Church Thursday night was fantastic.  I love the foot-washing.  It's so uncomfortable because of the physical intimacy from someone you're not used to being touched by, but there is a humility that is there that is precious.  And the stripping of the altar always brings tears to my eyes.  It's so symbolic of the desolation Jesus must have felt.  I was sorry we weren't able to sit vigil but I just can't with all this fatigue.  Not to mention, I had to go pick Tom up after the service.

And I hated missing church tonight because it's so fulfilling to bring everything back in and to decorate the church for the service on Easter morning, but if I want to be there tomorrow, I need to stay home tonight.

So Happy Easter to all who celebrate.  I hope to post tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'll have the time (or energy...I still have laundry to do tomorrow as well.)

TTFN

No comments: