Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sorry, sorry, sorry

Whenever Zach apologizes for something he has to say sorry three times.  It's part of his OCD.  I've gotten so used to hearing it (at least daily) that I tend to do it, too.

I didn't make it to church this morning because at 2 a.m. I was still up due to pain.  I should have taken a tramadol just as a matter of habit since I know I'm going to need it but I don't, thinking that this night I won't have pain.  It takes a while for the medication to kick in so I have to deal with the pain until then.  I ended up nearly rocking myself with the pain while waiting for relief.  It was almost an hour before I felt the edge taken off and I knew it would get no better than that so I took another aleve at that point.  Another hour before I was pain free enough to sleep.

And three hours of sleep just wasn't going to be enough so I turned off the alarm and went to sleep.

Unfortunately I didn't remember that Zach had to be at church today to do a reading.

I can't let it go.  I'm kicking myself and worrying about not being reliable and making him look unreliable as well.

I'm also kicking myself for taking off yesterday to treat myself to lunch and an afternoon of time alone.  Not so much for the time alone but for the lunch.  In reality a soda and an ice cream would have been plenty.  I didn't really enjoy the meal as much as it cost.

And that brings me to still trying to deal with what to eat on school days.

I've been kicking myself all day and now I'm bruised from it.

Well...figuratively, anyway.

We were supposed to get freezing rain and 5 inches of snow today but not even a drop of rain to be seen.  Not that I'm complaining.  Far from it.  But it is cold out there.

Professor is still not walking on the leg although he does put his weight on it now and then.  He won't even try the steps anymore and won't try to jump up on the bed either.  No, in the middle of the night, after he's gotten up for a drink or a wee (he's paper trained) he whimpers and softly barks until I wake up and reach over to pick him up. (I've trained him to use his indoor voice.)

I started knitting a baby blanket.  I love the pattern.  It's a two row repeat in two different colors that is easy to remember and although it requires a lot of attention to it, isn't so difficult that I can't let my mind go somewhere else when I'm knitting it.  I'm using the Bernat baby yarn that I got from my secret sister last month.  I love the way the pink and green look together...almost like sherbert.  I think I'm done with the baby hats for a while, though.  I'll alternate between the blanket and the shawl.

I do find that I have to knit this pattern throwing the yarn instead of continental because the the way the yarn has to wrap around the needle in different directions.  It's a nice change though.

I've been doing my annual trip through The Lord of the Rings dvds.  I've made it through all of the extended version of the movie, the making of documentaries and am in The Two Towers commentary by the writing/directing team.  Next will be the designers and then the cast.  Then I'll watch the movie again.  I do this every year.  I was joking with Stephen that I had to watch it again because I couldn't remember how it ended.  I've read the books over 35 times.  I lost count after 35.

Not that I remember a lot though.

Tomorrow I'm going to start the course from the Open Learn site.  I'm taking a Welsh history course.  I think that's good for a start.  I'm also re-training myself on pencil sketching.  I tend to gloss over the tedious stuff and go right for the meat.  This time I'm going to learn the fundamentals and move from there.  I'm also going to spend more time weekly on piano.  I've let myself get dull.  I'm tired of not moving forward.  It makes me feel more and more like a failure and I'm tired of that feeling.

I watched Any Dream Will Do tonight.  I like it much more than American Idol.  I have a few favorites but no one stands out just yet.  Except for John Barrowman and Andrew Lloyd Webber, but they're the judges.

Torchwood was on BBCA last night.  The first episode.  I taped it so I can watch it later this week.  I've got Midsomer Murders set 10 to watch as well but it's not due back until next week so I'm going to finish up the commentaries from the LOTR first.  At least the writer/director commentaries.  Then I'll take a break.  I've also got Angela's Ashes to watch.

I finished an autobiography just now.  Sean Astin's There and Back Again: An Actor's Tale.  I loved him in Rudy and his Sam was great, but I can't say I like him as a person.  But then, most of the autobiographies out there tend to do that to me.  Maybe they're too honest about themselves or they try too hard to be self-deprecating, but it doesn't impress me.  Too much whingeing anyway.

Still, I like to read about people.  I have another one on the shelf about a Chinese girl who was unwanted by her family.  I'm not sure what it's all about but that was on the jacket and it intrigued me.

Off to watch the rest of Two Towers, knit a bit and then maybe sleep. I snoozed for 2 hours this afternoon (and Tom let me!) so I thought maybe I wouldn't be sleepy but I'm yawning as I write.

TTFN

No comments: