Saturday, April 18, 2009

Here come the clouds

It was a successful buying trip.  I got sock yarn and art supplies, although not all the art stuff I wanted.  I just couldn't afford the conte.  Not at $25 for a small (tiny) box.

I got some Patons Kroy in a gray color for some socks for my dad and some Walk Away sock yarn in a multitude of colors.  Teal, burgandy, beige, brown.  Should be interesting.

I won't cast on yet because I have other irons in the fire.  Or rather other needles full of yarn.  But I feel better just knowing I could knit socks if I wanted to.

Our lovely weather is going away for a while.  It's supposed to start raining soon with plummeting temperatures.  I'm glad I didn't go ahead and plant yet.

After all this shopping (and Tom's trip) it's time to put a halt to the spending.  I just balanced the checkbook and nearly fainted at how little we have left.  Granted, we spent a fair penny on brakes for both vehicles, and paid off the hospital.  And I still have the second half of the property taxes to pay off.  But it's time to go lean.  No more extras for a long, long time.  I need to save for the trip down to Indiana at the end of next month.  No eating out on the way.  We'll pack lunches and take a jug of water.

We're in triple frugal mode from now on.

At least we'll be okay on the utilities and be able to save there since we won't be using the furnace anymore.  And I think the car is paid off.  If not, it's just a month or so until it is.  I'll have to check that out although we're still going to be making the payments to ourselves.

Zach found out today that the reason the pre-requisite and the other class were in the same semester is because they are both 8 week classes.  So he'll get them both in and shouldn't have any trouble getting the rest of his classes in second semester.

And FAFSA is done.  What a relief.

Well, I need to finish up laundry, clean the kitchen and then get ready for church tomorrow.  Next week will be pretty busy for me because I need to get some baking done and no more using the dryer (if possible.)  Cooking from scratch, packing meals and no more store-bought snacks.  Plus, planting...I hope.

Where is the energy going to come from?  I guess I'll just have to go into the red on it because it has to get done.

Off to work while I have the impetus.

TTFN

No comments: