Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I wish you could bank sleep

When I said I needed art lessons, I didn't mean it was because I sucked as an artist.  Well, I do, but that's beside the point.  What I meant was that all I can do is copy.  I can't draw from nature or create my own compositions.  I need to have my hand held thoughout.

So I am reading, reading, reading and trying to understand it all.

I stayed in the car today instead of going into the college and hanging out in the commons.  It was a good thing I planned it that way because they had a ceremony in there tonight.  I was comfy, cozy curled up with my blanket and pillow reading until there was too little light.  Then I switched to the DS and played video games.  Which, nowadays, is after 7 p.m. so I only had a little over an hour to play.

We started the last Artemis Fowl audio book and are so disappointed.  Nathaniel Parker isn't the narrator.  The one who is doing these books isn't very good.  He doesn't know how to do an Irish accent. At all.  The babies don't sound like babies at all, and Butler sounds like Diggums did on the other books.  The German doctor sounds terrible and the narrator sounds like someone who never did voice acting before.  It's such a disappointment that we're not going to finish it but get the print version so we can at least imagine the excellent Nathaniel Parker reading it.

I don't recommend it at all.

I was really prepared to give this guy the benefit of the doubt but he's really bad.  Maybe I'm just too picky or maybe I've listened to the best before (Nathaniel Parker, Jim Dale) and just can't settle.

I did mess around a bit with my pencils today, just to see if I have forgotten everything.  It wasn't so bad and it did feel good to hold them again.  I have a lot of catching up to do, but it's not as bad as it could have been.  Still...back to the basics.  I'm learning about composition, value, and color right now.

I watched almost two episodes of Midsomer Murders, set 10 last night before I fell asleep.  And Tom came in (which woke me up) peeked in (I didn't want to really wake up so I kept my eyes closed) and proceeded to talk to me from the other room.  This after seeing that I was asleep.

So of course it was after 2 a.m. before I could fall back asleep again.

Mr. Cranky is back.  And for some reason, Mr. Cranky loves company so he hangs around downstairs with the dining room tv blaring playing solitaire on the downstairs computer so everyone can be cranky, too.  I can't watch Midsomer Murders when he does that because he tells me to turn my tv down and there is no close captioning so I can't hear it well enough to watch it.

I slept a lot today.  I had gotten up at 9 a.m. because I had to fix lunch, load up the stuff I was taking and get dressed and such.  I ended up sleeping 2 hours in the car this afternoon.  It was so toasty warm that I had to crack the windows and put the sun shade up in the back window.  But it was comfortable and quiet, until the person in the next car left. Not that they were noisy, but starting a car does make noise that can't be helped.

I nearly fell asleep again this evening but played the game instead.

And now I could fall back to sleep again except I have to fix Tom's supper.  Mr Cranky was annoyed that I didn't fix a full meal last night.  I have been battling some debilitating fatigue and pain lately so I just fixed some burgers.  I thought he could fix his own side dishes but he informed me that it would take too long so he slammed dishes around and fixed just a sandwich. After making sure I was wide awake.

And yes, the irony isn't lost on me that I called Sean Astin a whiner.  Pot, meet kettle.

Professor was putting some weight on his leg today so I'm hopeful that the corner has turned. He's gained a lot of weight so I need to get him out walking.  Maybe tomorrow I'll take him around the block.  Unfortunately our block is a steep hill so it won't be easy on either of us starting out.  

Off to finish up supper and crawl into bed for some more Inspector Barnaby.

TTFN








No comments: