Saturday, December 27, 2008

What she does on her days off

I'm a woman possessed.

In preparation for the new year, I'm organizing...not my closets...not my stash...not my home.  I'm organizing my Neopet's stuff.  I'm busy clearing out, selling, auctioning, and demolishing my house so I can re-build now that I have mega amounts of neopoints.  They have new neohomes in beta form, but I don't actually like those as much as the classic, so I'm re-modeling and getting rid of crappy furniture that I don't really like but bought because it was cheap and available.

Similar to how I've furnished my own home:  early garage sale.

I did a lot of knitting last night.  I'm using the Plush in red to knit a prayer shawl.  Actually they're more comfort shawls since I mainly watch movies or tv while knitting.  This one is in the baby fern stitch, which looks pretty good in Plush.  Not as sculptered as in Vanna's Choice, but nice, nonetheless.

Tom is off at his family's Christmas party.  I didn't go, of course.  He asked me several times but the closer we got to the date, the less interested he was in going himself.  Yesterday as I was bringing the groceries in the house after shopping, he informed me he was suppposed to bring something.  I fixed up a pizza casserole for him to take although it was a bit light on the mozzarella since I hadn't gotten anymore.  He was appreciative.

They didn't draw names this year because no one could agree on whether they wanted to or not. One sil wanted to donate money toward Tom's nephew who is being treated for cancer.  Other sils didn't want to do that so sil 1 was a bit miffed (deservedly so, in my opinion) and another sil wanted everyone to just exchange ornaments.  But that idea kind of fell through, too, so they're just getting together to nosh and get caught up.  Since they always talk about things that matter only to them and about people I've never met or heard of, they're better off if I just stay home.

Which is where I am.

Fortunately Zach is working tonight until closing so I had a ready excuse not to attend.  

It seems odd to be home alone.  It's not something that happens often so here I am clearing out my Neopet's home. 

I should be knitting.

It's nasty weather out.  Very foggy with people driving without their lights on.  It never ceases to amaze me that people don't know that when it's foggy, you turn your lights on.  It doesn't matter that YOU can see.  WE can't see YOU.  Why is that so difficult?

I've heard that three more inches of snow is coming but that can only help because the snow out there now is black and brown and yugly.  A light frosting to freshen things up would be nice.

But it was nice that the furnace didn't kick on all night.  I did like that.  In fact, I was stripping off layers of clothing all night and throwing back layers of covers as the night wore on.

I don't feel like spending my time alone cleaning the kitchen but I suppose it has to be done. That's the thing about cooking I don't like:  cleaning up.  But if I don't do it, it won't get done.

Off to watch Midsomer Murders and knit on my shawl for a while.  I seem to be knitting more and more monogamously of late.

TTFN

1 comment:

Mad about Craft said...

I hope you have a more positive New Year!