Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The sound of me laughing hysterically

Ten inches of snow.  Rather...ten more inches of snow.  Or at least ten more inches of snow.  I'll have to wait for the total tomorrow since it's still snowing.  This is the fourth snow in two weeks time and I'm hereby calling a halt to it.  No more.  No more snow.  I quit!!  Please tell me we won't be having as much snow as we did last winter.  Any more of this and I will be ready for the lovely white coat that ties in the back.  While laughing hysterically.

At least Zach doesn't have school tonight so that's a relief.

But I must say that it was breathtakingly beautiful last night and I wish I had taken a picture of it before we went out there and shoveled it.  Now it looks rather shabby with 5 foot tall mountains of snow where we shoveled the driveway.  And a 3 foot wall of snow where we shoveled the sidewalk.

We were out in it yesterday all day but we had only gotten about 4 inches by the time we got home. I loved the feeling of coziness when we got out of our coats and I shut the curtains and curled up on the couch to read with a puppy on my lap under a throw,  knowing I didn't have anyplace to go until Wednesday evening.  I think that might be one of the best feelings in the world.  

I got season one of Torchwood at the library and am looking forward to watching it after I finish the stuff I taped this week.  Mission Impossible is on ALN so I tape it every night.  The old MI, not the one with Tom Cruise...yuk.  And I taped Leverage Sunday night and will tape it tonight as well.  It looked really good.  I hope it measures up to the previews.

I am making slow progress on Zach's sweater but I can't seem to stay awake once I make up the bed.  I don't think tonight will be any different but it's not like I'm under any kind of time constraints to get it done.  Really I have nothing that needs to be done any time soon.

Sigh.  Still no knitting mojo.  Maybe I need deadlines in order to perform at peak efficiency.

Sorry...laughing hysterically again.   

I finished the Hamish Macbeth series again.  Always a letdown when I do because I do enjoy them.  There is a new one coming out in January.  Maybe I should put my name on the waiting list now.

I've got the first book in the Midsomer Murder series, The Killings at Badger's Drift.  I love the cozy mysteries best.  And doubly best when they're set in Great Britain.  My mind must be coming back because I'm reading a lot more and loving it almost as much as I used to.  I do seem to be reading familiar books but I'm also reading a lot of non-fiction as well.  Something I never used to do.

I'm off to fix supper.  I'm a bit amazed that, while my back was really hurting while I was hurling snow over 5 foot banks, it's not bothering me at all now.  Maybe those muscles are getting toned up a bit.  Heaven knows they've had enough practice of late.

TTFN

No comments: