Thursday, December 25, 2008

Santa was pretty good to us this year

We did okay in spite of it all.

We got Tom a butchering kit that he's still raving about and Zach got him a Winchester knife set that he keeps fondling.  Must be love.  

Zach got a Zelda t-shirt.  I think the picture is from Twilight Princess, but I'm  not sure.  He also got an insulated hooded sweatshirt, Wall-E, and Prince Caspian.  Plus, I finished his sweater last night.  I was seaming at 1 a.m., but it was under the tree when he woke up.  Or when we woke him up.  I swear that kid has only gotten up on his own one Christmas, and that was the one with Tom out to sea and I was up until 3 a.m. wrapping presents because Zach didn't go to bed until 2 a.m. And at 6 a.m. he was ready to open the gifts.  Otherwise, we've always had to wake him up.

I got Buffy, season 6 and Love, Actually.  Truthfully I bought Love, Actually and gave it to Zach to wrap for me.  He's been putting his money in savings and I didn't want him to spend any of it on me.  I told him to take some money after Christmas and spend on himself.  Not a large amount, but he hasn't bought himself a video game in nearly 2 years so I think he's entitled.

Stephen called first thing.  That was such a wonderful gift, to hear from him.  He's doing well and is establishing himself as a father to his kids again.  Plus, he's doing well professionally.  Heaven knows he's paid his dues.

I'll call my parents later on.  I don't call when the party is going strong because I always have to compete with everyone else for anyone's attention.  I'll be talking to someone and they'll suddenly answer someone else.  Makes me think they weren't really listening to me at all.  So I'll just wait until it quiets down.  I'll mail Mom and Dad's stuff after the first of the year.  I'm just going to get a care package for them instead of making it Christmas gifts.  

I've got a chicken roasting in the oven and some baked potatoes for Tom.  I want mashed so I need to get in there and start peeling.  Stuffing for Zach and me.  Tom won't eat it.  And then corn for everyone.  No dessert.  We've got some fresh fruit left over and if we get peckish later on, I'll make a cobbler or something.  I have some frozen fruit that I use with a muffin recipe to top it and use splenda instead of sugar.  It's pretty good.

And crackers to pull before we sit down to feast.  I started that a few years ago and we still have 6 left so we'll make it through next Christmas and then decide if we're going to continue since I doubt if Zach will still be around.

Off to do the cooking and then we have to get outside and shovel the sidewalk.

TTFN

No comments: