Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lazy Saturday

I put my bed back up last night and I am so sore and tired. Fortunately, Tom woke up while I was in the midst of it and helped me with it. I was a bit surprised but he said he "gets it" now as to why I need to rearrange things. If he keeps this up, I might stick around.

He did some of the heavy lifting but Zach and I moved the armoir into the dining room by ourselves and I think I blew out a knee. It doesn't hurt today like it did last night, but it feels a bit "loose" and I think I need to baby it for a while.

It warmed up today and some of the snow melted a bit. Good thing I got the bed out of the basement. Plus, it was nice to just pull the covers down and go to bed. Although it was a tight fit with all the critters in bed with me so I couldn't move at all. I woke up pretty much in the same position I was in when I fell asleep. But it was soft and it was warm and it was my bed.

I fixed a huge supper tonight because I'm sick of casseroles and sick of eating out. Now I'm sick because I ate too much. I feel like an addict with food. I need to sort that all out.

I'm feeling better emotionally. The depression doesn't feel as bad today. Life isn't as bleak as it's seemed in the past. Zach has decided not to go to that party in FDL on Wednesday. Mostly because of the atmosphere. He doesn't like being around people who drink. He's only been around a few people like that but it makes him incredibly uncomfortable. Another reason is the smoking. It makes him ill to smell cigarette smoke. He keeps incense in his room because it wafts downstairs from Tom's room whenever he opens the door and Zach just can't abide it.

But also, he is worried about me sitting somewhere in the car for two hours and the traffic in the downtown area.

But he invited me to his New Year's party for work. I told him he didn't have to do that because it's just in Mayville and I can drop him off and go home until he needs to be picked up again, but he wants me to go with him. He's a good kid.

I know I'm jumping around all over the place but I'm just going where my mind is leading me. I happened to think of another advantage to having my bed back in the living room. More seating. We only have the couch in there and whenever Tom gets there first, he tends to sit in the middle and spread out so no one else can sit there. So if he's in there, I'm in the dining room or at the computer. Not always comfortable.

And on weekends, he has occasionally fallen asleep on the couch and slept there until midnight or later and I've had to wake him up or just tough it out until he finally wakes up on his own. Now it doesn't matter. I've got my own bed.

One day I will have my own room.

I'm off to bed. It's way early but I want to work on Zach's sweater and watch Torchwood and maybe some of the stuff I've taped. I still haven't watched Leverage so I don't know it it's any good or not. PBS is having yet another pledge drive so all my shows won't be on until they're done.

One of these days I'll have something interesting to report here. But for now...boring, lazy me is all you get.

And sore and stiff and whiney me.

TTFN


No comments: