Friday, December 12, 2008

I must be invisible

I must be.  In the past three days, I've had three drivers pull out immediately in front of me, one while I was driving 55 mph on the freeway and I had to stomp on the brakes and swerve into the next lane to avoid a collision.  I'm grateful there was no one in the next lane because I didn't have time to look.

And today I was following a huge city truck out of town and when he slowed down to turn left, I was going to go around him to the right but a semi flew past me and I had to slam on the brakes because I couldn't even go forward because he was moving back into my lane.  And he had five cars behind him passing me on the right as well.  

I said a bad word.

A really bad word.

I was stuck in that lane until I could get in front of the line of traffic that was illegally passing me on the right.

I always drive with my lights on but I know these people could see me.

But I did manage to almost finish my Christmas shopping today.  Of course, I only started shopping today.  I'm giving Zach a bigger Christmas than he usually gets.  The past few years we've spent a lot on Tom and Zach has gotten very little.  To the degree that he's not particularly interested in Christmas anymore.  So this year I'm spending more on him and less on Tom.  I rarely get anything for Christmas so I already bought myself the vcr/dvd combo, which cost more than I've gotten for the last three years for Mother's Day, birthdays and Christmas combined.  And it cost a whopping $60.

Yeah...I get a lot of appreciation here.

I still got no knitting mojo.  I think the problem is I'm not in love.  I don't have a pattern I'm in love with.  I don't have yarn I'm in love with.  And I don't have any sock yarn.  That must be it. No sock yarn.  Maybe after the first of the year, I'll mosey over to Loose Ends and get me some of that sock yarn.  I haven't actually been there since they moved down the street.  I'm way overdue.

I'm thinking of moving my bed back into the living room.  It's supposed to warm up this weekend and with a foot of snow on the ground, that means water in the basement.  And that's where the bed is and I really don't want that bed ruined.  Of course, that means a lot of heavy lifting and I'm still so very tired from shoveling.  Or just having fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.

But I miss my bed.  I miss being able to sleep sitting up (acid reflux) and I miss being able to just pull the covers down when I want to go to bed instead of pulling all the bedding out from under the couch, pullling the couch out, fixing the broken post in the center that holds the bed up, making the bed.  Then the reverse the next morning.  And the futon is a pain to fold back up again.  You have to attack it from the sides and pull both sides up together and then heave at the last minute to get it to catch so it will be a couch again.

Still...I think it looks like crap to have a bed in the living room, but it's not like I have company aside from the cable guys anymore.  And which is more important:  comfort or impressing the cable guys.

Give me a minute on this one.

Well, if I'm going to do it, I need to start now while Tom is still asleep.  He gets peeved whenever I move furniture.

Not looking forward to all the rain and sleet this weekend and I'll most likely have to go out and shovel the snow away from the house or it will get deep in the basement.

I love being the family dray mule.

TTFN

No comments: