Monday, December 22, 2008

Enough of winter!

I've been frantically knitting a scarf that wasn't happy with the pattern I was using so I frogged it when I discovered we weren't going to make it to church Sunday. Now I'm working on my Creeping Fern Pattern and the yarn is pretty darned content. Nothing worse than yarn that doesn't like the pattern it's becoming.

Now, the reason we didn't make it to church was because we got about 4 inches of snow. Make that four more inches of snow. The snow plow comes through out street in the wee hours of the morning so I was going to have to get up about 5:30 a.m. to clear the driveway because they always block it and with a car that sits low to the ground, ain't no way it's going to make it over a 3 foot wide, 2 foot tall snow barrier.

The predicted temp for Sunday a.m. was a minus 8 or so with wind chills of -33 degrees Farenheit.

No way was I getting up out of my warm bed into a freezing cold house (set at 48 degrees for your nighttime sleeping) and hop into several layers of clothing to go out and clear the driveway in 5 minute intervals (which is as long as we managed to stay out when the temp was a minus 5 and wind chills at -22.)

So once again I missed church. I feel like we're under a curse or something. First...yeah...we played hookey from church. Doesn't happen but once or twice a year, but we did it. The next Sunday, I had a flat tire. The Sunday after that, I was up all night with acid reflux having been aspirated into my lungs. And then a snow barrier.

I swear they must think we quit coming to church. But I have altar guild for Christmas Eve services so I'm waiting to hear from Betsy to find out just when we'll be doing that. And I do plan on coming to the Christmas Eve service.

But anyway...We're expecting more snow in the next couple of days. About 4 more inches. But it will warm up to a whopping 20+ degrees so we'll hardly need coats for that. Okay, yeah we will need coats but I won't have to wear four layers of clothing.


I'm off to the library because Torchwood is due back and I can't renew it because there is a waiting list. Besides I need to stock up on videos for the coming week since I won't be going back to the library until Friday at least. I finished Hamish Macbeth season 3 last night. I think I'm needing some Midsomer Murders 'cause I'm suffering withdrawal in spite of re-reading the books.

Hope everyone has a great week leading up to Christmas. I don't know if I'll post before then because I've got knitting, present wrapping, cleaning and baking (yeah...I don't do that much) to do this week.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, Happy Holidays to everyone!

TTFN

No comments: