Tuesday, April 9, 2013

She's not ready to leave yet

My mother is still with us.  It's been 13 days since her last dialysis and although she's slipping off into the next world, she still seems to want to stay here for a while longer.  I haven't worked on her shawl the past couple of days.  I look at it, next to the computer but I have no energy left to work on it.

I haven't done much on Robyn's sock but I will work a bit on it tonight.  There's no deadline or anything so I'm not feeling pressured.  I haven't had a lot of knitting mojo during this pneumonia.  I just haven't had the energy for it.  I have enough for both sisters and Robyn.  My niece has been remarkable with the time she has spent with my mom during her illness. 

I got some books from the library yesterday and read two of them last night.  I wasn't in the mood to knit and didn't feel like watching tv so I read.  I will admit I skimmed a lot on the second book because there were parts that were so boring I couldn't be bothered but I still have two more books to read.  These I will read more slowly so I can enjoy them more.

I haven't done any writing the past few days because I had the taxes to do (finished them today) and with my pneumonia (and head cold on top of it) and my mother on my mind I just haven't had the concentration but I do hope to get the laptop out and get back to it soon. 

Tom is exhausted from all the hours he's put in.  He'll be taking a day off next week for his birthday and wanted to get out and do something so we are going to take a day trip to Circle Sanctuary west of Madison.  At least that's what we planned.  We'll see how tired he is by then.  He barely spoke today before he left for work.

We're in the middle of a monsoon and flood watch.  We are safe here because we're near the top of a hill but our basement does accumulate water a bit.  We have two drains so it won't flood but there are some low spots that I will have to squeegee later. 

Zach has been sick the past couple of days with a really bad sore throat.  I think he peaked this morning because he's been feeling better this afternoon.  I hope so.  He has an eye appointment tomorrow.

Well, back to bed.  Not sure about supper tonight.  Maybe just soup since I'm still pretty tired a lot and anything left to fix would require a lot of effort.

No comments: