Friday, January 18, 2013

Still here

With the stress involved in Tom's job and trying to overcome the fatigue that is ever-present in my life, the past week has been a blur.  Tom's now making less money and with our taxes going up, too, this is going to be a real challenge.  I don't expect to make any money from knitting the socks for my aunt's daughter-in-law but at least I'm having a good time knitting with bamboo for the first time.  Apparently it knits up larger so I had to rip out and start over with smaller needles.  Gauge, you say?  Pish!  I normally always knit according to gauge so I didn't bother checking.  It was only after I turned the heel that I thought the socks looked abnormally large.  They were big even on my huge feet.

So I started over and they are much better now.  But I'm still battling the fatigue and with the cold weather, pain.  Good news, though!  My gp is willing to manage my fibromyalgia so I don't have to find a new rheumatologist when she retires next month.  And, she'll give me that same amount of meds I was getting.  That was a huge weight off my shoulders.

I need to get some laundry done today.  It's windy enough that clothes would dry on the line and it's in the low 30s so they would definitely dry but the clothes line died during the blizzard we had before Christmas.  I need to re-string it and no way I'm doing that today.  With the wind chill, temps are in the low 20s and I'm barely going to get out there to dump the compost and refill the bird feeders.  But I must get it done before Monday when temps drop to around 0 with wind chills predicted in the minus 30s.  Brrrr.  I bought Professor a sweater on sale because that is way too cold for him to go out to wee.

I am sleeping again, so that's good.  I had a few nights of a puppy with an upset tummy who needed to go out every hour on the hour (and still hit the puppy pads in the night) but he's better now and able to sleep through most of the night.  He still gets up a couple of times during the night but Zach has been taking him out so that helps a lot.

Fortunately most of the snow is gone aside from the mountain beside the driveway from the snow plow and our efforts to clear the driveway.  You can see grass for the most part.  We got a dusting this morning but it's gone now and only flurries are predicted in the near future.

Back to knitting...I finished up the baby blanket but need to wash it and find a box to ship it to my daughter.  That's the hardest part for me as I'm not a fan of going to the post office.  It's not far away...just 5 blocks or so...but it's on the main road and parking isn't great.  Plus pulling back out into traffic is never easy.  But I must get it done so...

Well, off to start the laundry and then some general cleaning.  I need to vacuum and dust.  And de-clutter as much as I can.

TTFN

No comments: