Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A rude awakening

Last night, for the first time in my adult life, I went to bed before midnight.  I was tired and didn't see any reason to stay up so I went to bed about 10:30 and fell asleep immediately.  Only to wake up around 12:30 a.m. to a very wet and cold feeling.  The cat keeps trying to tip over their water dish, which sits on a table at the foot of the bed.  Early this morning, he succeeded.  I was drenched in ice cold water.  All the covers were wet, my sweat pants were dripping and he was happily drinking out of the tipped over container, the teaspoon of water that remained.

I called for Zach and he gathered up towels while I changed into dry pajamas.  Then he took all the wet bedclothes down to the basement and brought up some dry blankets for me.  I had two layers of dry towels on top of the damp sheet and mattress but there is no place else to sleep so I had to make do with what I could.  It took forever to get to sleep because the towels kept bunching up under me and the covers weren't tucked in so they kept falling off the bed.  And I was dealing with several throws that weren't big enough but layered just right, kept me warm. Except when I turned over, they didn't turn with me.

Then, when I finally got comfortable and warm, the cat decides he wants to cuddle with me.  Darn it!  I let him.

So today I'm doing laundry and trying to find my two pair of jeans that have disappeared.  I thought they were in the dirty clothes basket in the basement but they're not there.  Neither are they upstairs or in my drawers.  I think the car key fairies are really messing with me.

So...Happy New Year.  The year can only get better from here on.

TTFN

No comments: