Wednesday, March 18, 2009

RIP Natasha Richardson

Damn!  I hate this outcome.  I tried not to believe the rumors out there but apparently they were true.  I didn't see a lot of her work but what I did see was excellent.  And of course, being married to Liam Neeson raised her esteem in my eyes as well.  I keep getting reminders that life is such a gift and I need to be more gracious about it.  After all, I've had my own brush with death.  I've got to stop being so complacent and get busy on getting healthy.

The pets are good to go for another three years.  We went to the vaccination clinic at Animart today and while it was crowded and stressful for the boys and us, it was definitely worth it to save several dollars.  I was amazed that Professor was dumb-struck by all the other dogs and kept his yappy mouth shut the whole time we were there.  In fact, he hasn't barked at all since.  I'm sure it's just a temporary thing though.

Both pets were very well behaved as were all the pets there.  I was impressed how quickly it went in spite of the long line and crowded environment.  The vets were terrific and if I find out which clinic they are at, they will be our new vets should the pets need medical care.

But I am in for the night and most likely tomorrow and tomorrow night as well.  I just can't get rested and it's so frustrating to me.  I have tons of things I want to get done.  I do like to be productive.  It makes me feel good about myself.  But I will spend the next couple of days catching up on rest (as if) and gradually getting some cleaning and de-cluttering done.  I figure between the thrift store and the garbage bin, I might be able to get rid of some of the stuff in this house that threaten to implode it.

Tom finished up the brakes yesterday before work.  It was a close call.  I fixed his lunch for him and got his thermos ready.  Normally those are sacrosanct and I'm not allowed to mess with them, but he was highly complimentary about my efforts so I must have passed the test.  Not that I'm eager to take over the responsibility but it's nice to hear good things about me instead of all that I do wrong.

Perhaps things are really changing.

I must remain cautious, though.  I've been down this road before.

I got some knitting done last night but it was mostly spent ripping back.  For some reason, I kept making silly mistakes and had dropped stitches...mistakes I don't normally make.  A simple hat with some yarn-overs and knit two together.  I normally could do that in my sleep.  Hmmmm... in fact, I think I have done it in my sleep before.

I did learn last night not to go to sleep before Tom gets home.  The front door is right beside the living room and while, he didn't tiptoe in, he wasn't necessarily being obnoxious.  In spite of it, I woke up after an hour sleep and then was up until 5 a.m.  And of course, Professor's bladder wakes up at 8 a.m. so I was up for the day.  I did try to get a nap in but Zach had a panic attack about getting to the vaccination clinic and woke me up.  Poor kid.  He can't help it.

Remember all those bandwagons I never jump on until they are long past?  Well, I finally opened up a facebook account.  Several family members are on there including my sister, older son, daughter and nieces and nephew.  I"m still figuring it all out but I don't get it.  I find the blogging community more fulfilling but being so impaired with one-on-one relationships, I don't get that from this.  Maybe facebook will help me fix that.

Or maybe I could just push myself and get out there and comment on other people's blogs.

Well, I'm off to fix supper and then watch A Touch of Frost season 5 because I had already seen season 4.  I discovered that when it put it in the dvd player last night and didn't feel like watching it again so soon.  So I got season 5 & 6 today at the library.  I should get some knitting done tonight because I'm not getting up off the couch once I sit down.

I've not been reading a lot lately because my brain seems to be on vacation and I can't seem to concentrate.  Probably tied up to my fatigue levels but what can I do?

TTFN

4 comments:

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

It is so so awful about Natasha Richardson, her poor poor husband, children, mother & siblings. It just breaks my heart for them.

Kathy said...

Mine, too. I can't imagine what they're all going through and to have to do it under the very invasive eye of the public would be way too much for me.

Those poor boys.

knittingdragonflies said...

I don't do facebook either, I know lot sof people do. Let us know if you like it.

Kathy said...

I'm still not getting it. I'm only friends with family members and I feel pretty much invisible. And my daughter hasn't friended me back so maybe that speaks for itself.