Monday, March 9, 2009

As if I've got time for a job

I've got a half hour before I have to hop back in the truck and take Zach up to Fond du Lac.  I already dropped Tom off at work in the other direction.  It looks like tomorrow will be even more hectic.  Race up to FDL to drop Zach off, drive home (almost an hour drive each way,) pick up Tom and take him to work (half-hour drive in the other direction,) come home and get some stuff done, then race back up to FDL to pick up Zach and come back.  Fix Tom's supper and get more housework and cooking done, then go pick Tom up.  

Considering my day will start at least at 10 a.m. tomorrow and won't end until midnight, I'm already tired.  And in the deficit sleepwise because I couldn't get to sleep until nearly 3 a.m. and Professor woke me up at 8:30 with his timely bladder again.

No real chance to sleep in the truck.  It's uncomfortable as can be and I don't think the college would like it if I snoozed in the commons area.  I might get some sleep in in the moments I'm home after getting back from FDL, but I doubt it since I've got Tom's supper to fix.  

It's not his fault.  He hasn't had a chance to work on the car the past few days because of the weather.  Although it was pretty sunny today, there really wasn't time to work on it because he had to get to work.  I'm guessing it will be Thursday before he can get to it and it's supposed to be in the 20s then.  So I guess Friday.

I'll have to miss church again.  I can't get over the way we are physically prevented from getting there.  I'm a bit cheesed about it to be honest.  There are two schools of thought, of course. When I was a fundamentalist, if someone had this situation it would be either a) God didn't want them to be at that church or b) Satan was trying to prevent them from going.  No one ever told me how to tell the difference.  I figure if you want to go to that particular church it's Satan, and if you're looking for a reason to leave, it's God.

Cynical me.

The past few days our server has been wacky.  I haven't been able to get on Ravelry and several other websites I usually read.  Today, miraculously, I've got them all back.  I found I didn't miss much at all on Ravelry.  Makes me wonder why I go there so often when I could limit it to once a day and cover everything I need to cover.  I might just do that in the future.

I've gotten 6 baby hats done already and another one started.  I'm anxious to start on the baby blankets but I'm trying to be good and discipline myself to finish what I start.  I don't know why I have such problems with that but it's seriously affected my ability to get ahead in life.  Heck, it's affected my ability to break even.

Did I mention I'm trying to bake bread before I leave?  I should have done it yesterday but I forgot that we were almost out so here I am trying to get it done.  I should have enough time. Yeah.  I should.

I have laundry to do tonight but I don't think I'll hang it out because there's a chance of rain tomorrow morning so I'll just use the racks.  It takes longer but if I hang them in front of the windows, they'll get some sunshine in addition to the heat from the vents and maybe they'll dry in a single day.  

Did I tell you that our utility bill for last month was $127?  We got a $32 credit from the gas company for gas supply market adjustment, whatever that is.  And this summer we won't need the a/c because Tom won't be sleeping days so we might actually break even during this cutback.  And maybe even save a penny or two during the summer.  

I've been reading some frugal blogs lately and I'm not sure a few of these people know what frugal really means.  They think getting something for less is frugal, when frugal is doing with less.  Spending a lot of money getting "bargains" isn't the same as cutting back and buying less.  I know because I've been there and done that.

I finally got it though.  Even if when the money comes back I think I'll keep it at this level in order to get a decent cushion in the bank.  Plus we need to start putting money back in the house or we'll never be able to sell it.  I'd like to live in a fixed-up house for a while instead of fixing it up so it looks nice for other people.  Makes me feel like I don't deserve a nice place to live otherwise.

Well, I can smell the bread and Zach is nearly ready to go.  By the time we load everything up and head out it will be time to leave.

TTFN

No comments: