Monday, March 16, 2009

Is spring around the corner?

Another glorious day weather-wise.  I got three loads of clothes out on the line before I ran out of steam.  I'll get two  more tomorrow.  I did manage to shift two pieces of furniture in the living room (aka my bedroom) that make the television more accessible from the dining room.  And of course, they were two very heavy pieces of furniture so I am all used up for the day.

We did do Zach's taxes though so we can get FAFSA done before the month is out.  And supper is cooking in the toaster oven.  For one dish things I use it rather than heating up the whole oven. I've tried to bake bread in it but it burns on top before it cooks in the center so bread goes in the big oven.  I need to organize things to the degree that I'm cooking more than bread so I don't waste all that heat though.

Nearly finished with season 3 of A Touch of Frost.  I swear they need me to do the subtitles.  There is a lot of (unintelligible) in addition to mis-heard (and mis-spelled) phrases.  Or maybe I'm just getting better at hearing British lingo.

I'm hoping to get started on a course from the Open University page that I mentioned in a previous post.  I just wish I could jump-start my brain and get it to work again.  It's still so hard to concentrate.

And of course today was a terrible fatigue day.  I had all this work I was going to get done and no energy to do it.  I felt like I was swimming upstream trying to get the laundry out on the line, let alone clean the basement.  Which didn't get done.  Not so much pain though, which is a blessing. Although I suspect I'll be needing a pain pill tonight after all those stairs and moving that furniture.  I haven't needed one for two days.

Thankfully, Tom conquered the brake from hell and has only two more to do.  The right brake was done in just under an hour so he shouldn't have any trouble with the back two.  I'll be so glad when it's done.  Driving that truck is expensive.  And I really want to go to church on Thursday night.

Tom is set up with the internet upstairs.  I'm hoping against hope he will use it in the morning so I can sleep at least until 9 a.m.  He was up at 7 this morning banging the dishes around and with the television in the dining room blaring.  I know his hearing is okay because he just had a hearing test at work not too long ago.  Maybe he just doesn't realize how loud it is.  I might have to get my courage up and tell him.  I never know how volatile his reaction will be.  Not physical, but he can get very vocal if he feels like he's being criticized.  

Otherwise it's not so bad.  

I'm really grateful to him for handling the brakes on the car.  There was a time he would have let it go and made me drive it with bad brakes while he took the good vehicle.  That seems to have changed.

I can smell that supper is done and I'm hungry.  I'm not eating as much these days and not so much in between meals so I do tend to actually get hungry.  I just wish I could conquer the emotional eating problem I have.  Baby steps though.  I did lose 2 pounds last week without really trying.  I'm hoping to incorporate exercise into my schedule very soon.

TTFN


No comments: