Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It caught up with me

Sickness, that is.

I'm feeling really puny, dizzy and just started coughing tonight.  It was a good run, though, this past winter being illness-free for the most part.

I found something to relieve most of my fibromyalgia pain.  Not the really bad pain, but the pain tylenol won't get rid of.  Aleve.  I took one last night and it did the trick.  It's good to know I can save the tramadol back for the really horrendous pain.  Maybe some of the fatigue and grogginess will ease off, too, now that I'm not taking tramadol daily.

I watched hulu.com on Zach's laptop tonight while waiting for him.  I watched the first episode of American Gothic and the pilot and first episode of Firefly.  Then I discovered Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog.  Really good!

American Gothic is so good.  I think it was ahead of its time.  If it had been made in this era, it would have had a better run.  Gary Cole is so creepy in it.

And there is nothing better than Firefly.  Darn Fox for messing with it and canceling it.

I haven't watched Dollhouse yet.  I guess I'm afraid it's not up to par with Buffy, Angel, and Firefly.  From what I read, apparently no one else thinks so either.  I might give it a whirl though.  

I knitted on the shawl tonight instead of baby hats.  I didn't want to deal with any finishing while I was waiting in the commons.

They had the movie of the month today.  It was Valkyrie with Tom Cruise.  It looked pretty good but the sound was too loud in parts and people walking around talking overwhelmed the talking parts which were too soft.  But I might get it from the library.  Any movie that kills Tom Cruise in the end has to be okay.

Just kidding.  It did look like a good movie and has a fantastic cast.

It's a deluge out there tonight.  Strong winds and heavy rains.  It wasn't too bad driving home, but I'm glad to be here and very soon will be making up the couch so I can get to sleep.  I've got the vaporizer ready to go and I've already taken cold medicine.

Feeling too crummy to talk more so I'll just...

TTFN

2 comments:

knittingdragonflies said...

I agree with you on the Aleve and the Tom Cruise elimination!
Giggles
Vicki

Kathy said...

Yeah...I've got a wicked streak in me. He's not my favorite person in the acting community.