Sunday, March 8, 2009

And when it rains, it snows

Poor Tom.

He couldn't work on the brakes yesterday because it was a deluge.  Today it's sleet and now snow. I took Zach to work driving about 35 mph on the highway and in places, that was too fast.  I don't know if he can get the brakes fixed in time for work tomorrow but Tuesday we need to leave at 11 a.m. and if we don't have two cars by then, I'm toast.

And I wonder what will happen to the roof where all that water poured in now that it's freezing.  I can just see that ice expanding the rafters a bit.

Life just seems to keep kicking us in the rear end.

But church this morning was great and that is something, at least.  Coffee hour was magnificent from my perspective.  Normally they have sweet rolls and pastries with occasional grapes. There was quite a spread today of raw vegetables and dip, almonds and cashews, and grapes.  I was actually not hungry anymore when we left there.  I let them know how much I appreciated it.

I started Doctor Who, third season last night.  I don't know why I never got interested in this before.  It's great!  And soon...Torchwood.  I did watch Ashes to Ashes last night.  I'll continue to watch it but I miss Sam Tyler.  I'll let it grow on me.  After all, Gene Hunt is there.

Tom is cooking supper tonight.  I don't much like to cook anymore so it's nice to get a treat like this.  I do think he's trying.  I am proud of him that he didn't lose it over the brakes.  Normally he would have but he managed to keep his temper and only slammed one door.  Surprisingly, I didn't freak out over it.   

Still...many times burned, many times shy.  I'll reserve judgement because I've gotten sucked in before.

Off to eat supper and read 'Salem's Lot.

TTFN

2 comments:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

I do hope and pray things start going well for you and your family.

On a knitting note, did you ever make a Dr. Who scarf?

Kathy said...

Not yet, but I do intend to. I wish I could get the whole series from the early 60s. They have a couple of episodes but that would be just a teaser.

Thanks for the prayers. We sure need them.