Monday, January 5, 2009

Whack!

That was the sound of the back of my head hitting the driveway this morning when I went out to salt the sidewalk.

Or was it whump?

It would have been crack but I was wearing my toasty warm, fake-fleece-lined, hat which cushioned my fall.

But I have a heck of a headache right now.  I did have Zach come in and babysit me for a couple of hours because I was frightfully dizzy afterwards and didn't want to be stupid about the whole thing. Neither did I want to spend a lot of money at the emergency room that I didn't need to spend.  So we watched and waited.  I didn't get nauseous and although I was so incredibly sleepy afterward I managed to stay awake for an hour and a half, then took a ten minute nap because we had to get to Beaver Dam to pay Zach's tuition and get some other errands taken care of.

On the plus side, my flu symptoms from yesterday seemed to be gone by the time I went to bed last night.  I rarely get the flu which is why I never get the flu shots my doctor insists I get every year because of my history with cancer.

The vegetarian thing only lasted until last night when I made pork chops for everyone and then had a meat heavy brunch this morning.  Oddly, the eating frenzy has stopped so I'm guessing I'm one of those people who need meat.  Plus, my sugar was high on the veg diet  eating plan.  It was fine when I checked it this afternoon.  Great even.  Although not great enough to risk a frosty from Wendy's.  Drat.

We found out why we hadn't received a bill for Zach's tuition.  He didn't owe anything because of his grant money and his student loan.  But he didn't want to use the loan so he paid the difference and signed a paper that canceled his loan.  I'm so proud of him.  He has just enough left for his books but he has until the fall of next year to save up enough and can work more hours in the summer since he's not going to take any classes then.

I decided to finish the shawl since I was at the halfway point.  I slipped it onto some waste yarn and started the second half seperately since I want to keep the scalloped edges and because I wanted the design to mirror the other half.  I'll kitchener the two pieces together.  Actually it has come out pretty nice.  Soft and the design is somewhat muted because of the chenille effect of the yarn.  And it's red.  Who wouldn't want a red shawl?

Well, Zach needs to use my computer for something and I need to go lie down.  I'm letting them fend for themselves tonight 'cause I'm not cooking.  I'm going to recover so I can attack the house tomorrow and get some cleaning done because it's trash day.

TTFN

No comments: