Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Random Tuesday

I didn't get much knitting done today but I did have a burst of energy and in spite of sore back and neck, I moved the dining table up from the basement (with help from Zach.)  I was tired of using the card table and although the table has been Tom's work bench for the past several years, I just put a tablecloth over it and some placemats and it's good to go.

And I stopped myself from tearing into the house like I usually do when I get that burst of energy. So I figure I might have some left over for the rest of the week.  It's a good thing I seem to heal quickly.  Although I'm sore, I didn't need any tylenol today and only took one tramadol last night.  And I slept good, too.  Maybe that's why I had that burst of energy.

What I have been doing today is a bit of reading.  I went through a period of time while taking chemo when I couldn't read at all.  I just couldn't concentrate and didn't retain anything.  When I would read my Bible at night, I would spend an hour reading one line and not having a clue what that one line actually said.  And any leftover comprehension went into Zach's schooling so I had nothing left for me.  Although I did go through a lot of movies from the library because chemo weeks I slept very little.  Thank God for the library.

Now that I can read again, I'm playing a bit of catch up.  Although I still can't read anything that requires a lot of concentration but that's okay because I love British mysteries and I read a lot in the youth section.  But I don't really consider that dumbing down because there are so many great classics in that section that aren't really childish by any stretch of the imagination.

But my heart is still with the British mysteries until my fickle heart decides to fall in love with something else.  I seem to remember a time long ago when all I would read was science fiction.  

I didn't go outside at all today aside from sticking my hand out to get the mail.  But it did look cold and windy out there and I kept the curtains closed so it was too dark for pictures.  Maybe tomorrow.

Oh, and it snowed a bit.  About an inch or so, I think.

Off to watch the rest of Top Chef and knit on the scarf.

TTFN






1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I am a Top Chef addict, and love mysteries, and I agree the British mysteries are good. I have a book that is one of those, page a day ones, that have parts of the bible, I like that, otherwise it seems I am tired and go to sleep.
Vicki