Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Is it only Wednesday?

Another short post because it's late and I'm tired.  I'm getting used to Zach's new schedule and it will take a week or two but I will adjust.  I don't sit in the car anymore.  Too cold for one thing.  Uncomfortable for another.  And just plain dark.  I sit in the commons area and read or play DS or knit while watching MSNBC which is all they show on the screen.

Yesterday, though, it was fine because it was the Inauguration.  Today, however, it was Caylee  Anthony all the time.  There is only so much you can say about it but that doesn't seem to stop Nancy Grace. They get one piece of "breaking news" and they have to talk about it, argue about the significance of it, dissect it and then listen to the callers speak their minds about it.

I tuned it out and played Castlevania or read my book.  I didn't take knitting today because it was just a 3 hour class and I do get tired of lugging everything around.  

When I walked in the door, Professor was walking around on his hind legs trying to get me to pick him up.  He doesn't want to wait for me to take my coat off.  Finally I picked him up and he started shivering.  Great.  Separation anxiety still.  I bribed him with some leftover chicken so I could write this but as soon as he's done he'll want to be held again.

Tom went back to work today.  I don't know why he needed a vacation so soon after the huge Christmas break he got and he didn't get anything done here, as usual.  Aside from making tons of noise at 7 a.m.  The man just doesn't like for me to get any sleep.  He stayed up watching tv in the living room/my bedroom the other night and then woke me up at 7:30 by cranking up the tv in the dining room, playing with Professor in my bedroom/the living room, and slamming the front door a few times in case I didn't hear him let the dog out.

But I "was sleeping so good" that he decided to go upstairs and let me sleep.

What will I do when he retires?

I'm sure Zach will be out on his own by then and I can have his room.  I'm putting a deadbolt on that door and maybe sound proofing the room.

My ex husband never would let me sleep in either.  Maybe it's the Y chromosome or something.

I would have to get up with the kids every single day, sometimes earlier than he got up.  And weekends he would sleep in and make me get up with the kids.  He asked me once what I wanted for Mother's Day and I told him I wanted to just sleep in....just once.  Unfortunately we were at his parents' house that weekend and his dad sent him in to wake me up because only sluts slept in.

It was years before I got 8 hours of sleep.

Now, I'm still not getting that much.

Well, I'm off to watch some Rosemary & Thyme and get some knitting done.

And I now have a puppy in my arms and typing is really hard to do so I'll just say...

TTFN

No comments: