Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm going to get me some golfer's shoes with spikes on the soles

Groan!  My headache subsided in the very wee hours of the morning.  About 3 a.m. or so.  About 4 my back woke up and complained about the lack of attention to it.  Apparently I landed on the left side of my back because by last night, I had a wide knot on the left part of the crown on my head. The natural crown, people, not a tiara or anything. (FYI I happen to have a double crown, where the hair forms two vortices instead of the normal one.  Parting my hair has always been a PITA.)

Where was I?  Oh, yeah.  So I finally dozed off about 3 or so but I made the mistake of turning over in my sleep at some point and found out that my back is super sore.  The left shoulder blade is so sore that I'm sure it's what I landed on first.  I remember my head hitting after I landed on my back but it was in rapid succession and pretty darned hard.  No time to brace myself or anything which is probably good because I would have likely broken an arm or something if I had tried.  

So I've been moving very slowly all day.  At least until I walked out to the car and my feet slid out from under me on the driveway again.  I'm telling you, it's a solid sheet of ice and no salt to be found anywhere.  The stores are out.  This time, I slid a bit more slowly and landed on my left side, banging my right leg on the fender of the car.  No bruises yet and my shoulder and back (and sometimes my head) are clamoring for all the attention so the leg can't really compete.  I've managed to survive on tylenol instead of tramadol for the whole day but I'll be dipping into that lovely bottle tonight before I try to sleep.

Did I mention that I seem to have two falls every January?  In 2010 I plan on heading south or staying at home the whole month.

I got a bit done on the shawl last night while watching Mission: Impossible (the old series) and then switched to stringing beads for the Undulating Waves scarf that I won from Joan a couple of months ago.  I started the pattern tonight and while it took me a few tries to remember exactly where the beads needed to be when I knitted or purled the yarn-overs, I've gotten into the pattern pretty nicely and love how it looks.  Not to mention how lovely it is to knit with.  I don't have the ball band handy but there is a percentage of silk in it that makes it feel so soft.  I may have to become independently wealthy so I can knit a sweater in this stuff.  Or a whole wardrobe.  I'll see if I can find the information about it tomorrow.

And hopefully I'll take some picture tomorrow as well.  It's been ages since I've even seen the camera.

Well, I'm off to watch some more Rosemary & Thyme and knit on the shawl and then hopefully sleep through the night without waking up to groan and moan.  





No comments: