Sunday, January 18, 2009

Short but boring

Zach's school starts tomorrow and I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what meals to take with us.  I'll probably get sick of hamburgers but not nearly as sick as I am of casseroles.  They don't re-heat well in the microwave there for some reason.  Not to mention it's what I've fixed for nearly every meal for years and I'm just burned out on them.

I'm even thinking lunch meat sandwiches over casseroles and I really don't like them that much either.  It's a sign of how desperate I am.

Tom's been sleeping on the couch all afternoon with documentaries droning on the television but if I change channels he wakes up and tells me he was listening to them.  I honestly don't know how he could hear them over the snores. As a result, I haven't watched tv at all today.  I did get some reading done.  I finished the Agatha Raisin series and started on another one.  Gemma Jones series by Deborah Crombie.  I know I don't have the first one, but I did check the copyright dates and got the one that had the oldest date.  They don't seem chronologically bound so I think I can read them out of order.  I did that with the Agatha Raisin series and they were pretty chronologically bound.

I prefer her Hamish Macbeth series, but I got pretty attached to the community in the AR series.  Can't say I liked Agatha that much though.

I bought a new pair of athletic shoes today.  Mine were about 3 years old and slick on the bottom.  I was sliding everywhere I walked so I thought it was time.  Now maybe I can stay on my feet.  I got them on sale fortunately, but they are purple...ish.  In dark light they look dark blue though.  Shoes on sale seem to be odd colors and the wide width section is like the Big Woman's section of clothing.  They think we have no sense of style or color so they give us tens made out of garish colors to wear or blouses with low necklines and short sleeves.  Like that makes up for our large bottoms and stomachs or something.  Not everyone has a Lane Bryant budget.

This is short because nothing has happened today beyond me playing Animal Crossing and reading a bit.  I'm off to watch what I want (if I can hear it over the snoring) and knit some more.  I'm almost done with the second mitt and I want to knit on the shawl a bit.  Then maybe tomorrow I can find my crochet hooks and start on the other shawl whose name I can't remember now.  Blue something.

TTFN




No comments: