Thursday, January 8, 2009

Definitely Thursday

I was sure yesterday was Tuesday.  I even woke up today thinking it was Wednesday.  I guess this is what happens when you don't need to be anyplace.  Although Top Chef should have tipped me off last night.

I frogged the scarf and got rid of the beads.  Bottom line:  I don't get any enjoyment out of knitting with beads so I'm not going to do it just for the sake of saying I knitted with beads.  My biggest problem was the constant interruptions of pushing a bead up into place to knit (or purl) and pushing the row of beads down so I had more yarn to knit with.  I won the kit; otherwise I never would have bought something like it.  I kept wondering while I was struggling to knit, just how long it would take to catch one of those beads on something and completely destroy the scarf.  For me? Not long.

But I do like the pattern so I'm going to knit it sans beads.  I swatched it a bit to see how it would look and I did like it better.

So no pictures today.  I could have taken a picture of the shawl but it wouldn't have showed up very well.  I think direct sunlight is optimum for that color and texture.

I watched a movie last night that I had taped and ended up staying up way late.  It was Equilibrium, with Christian Bale.  I've been a fan of his since Empire of the Sun.  And no, not that kind of fan.  I'm not a cradle-robber.  But Sean Bean was in the movie as well and yes, I've been known to have a dream or two about him.  And maybe a poster or two of Boromir up on my bedroom wall, back when I had a bedroom.

Anyway, back to Equilibrium.  It was so reminiscint of Farenheit 451 with overtones of 1984 and Brave New World.  I found out it wasn't marketed here in the U.S. because it did so well in the overseas market they didn't want to risk losing money here.  I love finding these treasures.  It's like walking off the beaten path.

I've got some leftover sock yarn from all my projects and I miss knitting socks so much that I'm tempted to try to create some kind of design with all my leftovers.  Except the colors don't really do well together.  Maybe I'll just break down and go to Loose Ends and buy some.  But not this month.  I bought Buffy: first season this month.

Oh, and I watched Jersey Girl tonight just for the scene from Sweeney Todd.  I thought it was hilarious.

We're due some more snow tomorrow.  I was tempted to go shopping tonight except I didn't feel like it.  I'm still a bit sore and not doing tons of things.  In fact I feel guilty over the lack of anything I seem to be doing this week.  Mostly just lying about watching tv or playing video games.  Not a lot of knitting or cleaning going on here.

But maybe I need it.

It's late and I need to get up early to get Zach to work and me to shopping.  I hope it doesn't snow as much as some of the stations are saying.  Others are saying, not so much snow.

Off to watch Buffy: season one and start the scarf sans beads.  I guess this is one wagon I'm definitely not going to jump on this time.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

Thanks for letting me know about the beads. I had been looking at some pretty yarn with them. I found a bunch of patterns on the Berroco site (free) that use sock yarn.
Now I'm in the mood to watch a movie, it's the perfect day for it. Off to the grocery store first.
Vicki