Monday, June 2, 2008

We have mojo

I think my mojo is back. Maybe the problem was knitting monogamy. I just can't do it. Now that I have four projects on the needles, I feel like a knitter again. Socks, socks, baby sweater and a bag or two. Okay, one of them is a crochet project, but I still feel pretty darn good again.

I went with Hedera instead of Pomotamus for one very good reason: I already had Hedera printed out and I'm getting low on ink in the printer.

I'm systematically getting the house emptied out of stuff we hang onto that we don't need. So far no opposition from Tom but I haven't touched any sacred cows yet. I'll save those for the last. And the dead of night while he's at work.

It's June now so I've got to get my flowers planted. I have sunflowers that I will plant a-plenty. I want them for the birds and squirrels this winter. I need a reason for Mr. Yappy Professor to bark more. My hostas are finally coming up but they are still puny and half-eaten. Apparently I'm feeding the rabbits as well. Hannibal is good at keeping the bunny population down although it pains me to let him. We already have three nests in our yard and the neighbor's yard. Last year, he thinned them out but increasing the population to twelve more bunnies would be a really bad thing.

Sometimes that Circle of Life thing really sucks.

Zach drove to church yesterday. He did a really good job but was still in a state when we got there. Not much traffic out on Sunday mornings so I think we will leave it there until he gets a bit more confidence.

I didn't sleep much last night. I woke up about 2:30 with pain from the fibromyalgia and ended up taking more tylenol and eventually more tramadol. It was about 5 a.m. before the pain subsided and by that time the sky was light and I just decided to get up. I've already got some clothes out on the line, my bedroom cleaned and had my first cup of tea.

I'll try to nap later but the Professor uses those times to bark at every little scent or skitter outside. I generally get sleep in ten minute intervals.

And speaking of scents, I had to light some incense last night because apparently a skunk exploded outside my bedroom window. Eeeeww!

Maybe pictures tomorrow. I rescued the camera from Zach's room and will find something to photograph later.

Now, off for another cup of tea.

TTFN

3 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

You sound so much upbeat. Please God it lasts for you!!

Nancy McCarroll said...

Do I identify? yes.... am reading a great book that you might like (it is good for me re:pain)...

Title is THE KNITTING WAY: A GUIDE TO SPIRITUAL SELF-DISCOVERY (2005).

Soldier on...nancy

Kathy said...

Thanks Ailsa. Still upbeat and still positive, thanks.

God is good.

Thanks for the recommendation, Nancy. I'll try to find the book. And thanks for reading my blog.

Kathy