Friday, June 13, 2008

I need an attitude adjustment

Have you ever noticed that as soon as you get rid of something, you need it? I got rid of my South Beach books last month and decided this week that I need to go back on it because my sugar is high. Since I knew the principles (and darn near had the book memorized) I didn't figure I'd really need the book but the recipes would have been nice. I found a copy at the thrift store today for a buck so I took it.

Does anyone else ever go to the thrift store just to see if the stuff they donate sells? Or am I the only one?

Thankfully, everything I gave them last week is gone off the shelves now so I feel pretty good about that. I gave them a new load today while Zach was signing up to volunteer.

He's still pursuing jobs but can't even get an interview so he decided that he wanted to do volunteer work for the experience and the pleasure. He's very good with older people and they tend to be the ones volunteering so he should be fine.

I also found a vcr there for $20 (and since today was half-price day $10.) I thought I could use it as a tuner for my bitty tv that doesn't pick up all the channels but it doesn't seem to work that well. It plays tapes well though. I'll give it to Tom for his bedroom upstairs. There are a couple of channels we get down here that he would like to watch upstairs so he can tape down here and watch up there.

Happy Father's Day to him.

Actually we bought him a new coffee maker and a new gun sling. And plan on having a special sit down dinner on Saturday night with pork chops, his favorite meal.

And I got a calendar for Christmas. I know...I'm a bitch. He did buy me some flower seeds for Mother's Day but I had made a point of it on New Year's Eve. I always think of that day in italics because it was a very nasty day for me. Let's start the new year out by emotionally abusing the wifey. It's not like she's not down in the pits anyway. Let's see if we can dig deeper.

I mentioned to him that it hurt me that he didn't get me anything for Mother's Day (in like...ever), my birthday (for like...two years) and only got me a calendar for Christmas. He blamed me for it. I never got the logic but I did get the inflicted pain. And it hurt.

So now anything he gets me is meaningless. To be honest, I'd just as soon he got me nothing. Then I wouldn't have to pretend how happy I was.

Must. Stop. Bitching.

Of course, I could cop attitude and just grump that it's my blog and I can bitch if I want to.

After all...it is who I seem to be lately.

On the plus side...the sun is shining. I bought some cotton yarn yesterday to make some dishcloths for my secret sister at church. I thought about not knitting at all for her because it would almost be like telling her who I was but finding gifts for $5 is near-impossible and I can do so much more with knitting. And my spinning is coming along nicely.

As for my secret project...not so much. I keep postponing it and I can't figure out why.

I'm off to wash dishes. Woopee! I can't wait.

But I'm the kind of person who has to have the house clean before I sit down to work on projects and that just hasn't happened in the last couple of weeks so...

TTFN

No comments: