Tuesday, June 3, 2008

And then it rained

This is what happens when you procrastinate the laundry. It rains and you end up with racks of wet clothes in your bedroom. I knew I should have done it all yesterday when it was sunny and the wind would have dried them in no time. Now...one load a day until the sun shines again or I get caught up.

I got a lot of spinning done today. I'm still not sure I'm doing it right but it looks better than it used to. Sometimes I seem to get it too thin though. I'm debating calling Michelle at Loose Ends to set up a spinning class, but then I would want a spinning wheel and I can't afford it. Ideally I would love to find a way to make money doing this but I don't know how long it would take me to get good at it and if there would be a market for what I spin. It seems that handpainted yarns are still the rage and I don't know if I want to get into dyeing yarn. Nor do I really have the space to do that yet.

It was too dark to take pictures today and we're looking at a lot of rain this week so...someday I will take pictures again.

I need to get some seeds in the ground while we have all this good rain. My shasta daisies are finally coming up and I want so much to plant sage this year. And I've got to get my sunflowers in the ground. I waited too late last year.

I do have a good crop of weeds and dandelions though.

Well, I'm off to watch Midsomer Murders. I've had some serious withdrawal of late. We stopped getting the Biography channel a long time ago (and anyway it's not on anymore) so I get them from the library. But Set 9 is the latest they've got. I can only hope they get Set 10 soon.

And then it's time for my "Spanish lesson." I've gotten to a point I hadn't seen before. I'm able to follow a bit but I sure wish I could understand all of it. Not that it's great theater. The story is pretty predictable: three very attractive brothers, three sexy sisters, a vendetta against the sisters' family. You know how it's got to end. But it's still very good.

Well, off for an evening with Ispector Barnaby.

TTFN

No comments: