Friday, June 6, 2008

Too dark for pictures

I give up. The clothes are in the dryer. I wish I could finish them up outside because the wind is just lovely, but it keeps raining intermittently and I'm still on the same load of clothes from two days ago.

I'm beginning to question the intent of some people who are on Freecycle. I keep seeing people wanting to furnish their homes, want working laptops, 52" color televisions, working dvrs, and reliable cars. I thought the purpose was to keep things out of the landfill. Yet nothing on my list even got a hit. And none of it was junk. Sure, it needs to be repaired, but I was honest about the condition of everything. I think I'm just going to put a free sign on the stuff and leave it in the driveway. If no one takes it, it's going to the landfill. I have to make room here. We're about to explode with all the stuff we've got crammed into our bitty house. And I'm not going to feel guilty about taking it to the landfill.

I couldn't sleep again last night and was flipping through the channels when I happened upon the news stations. All of them had the same story: Secret meeting with Obama and Hillary. Huh? Secret? For pete's sake, there was a crowd of reporters outside her home. How secret could that meeting possibly be?

I've been getting a lot of spinning done lately. I'm still not very good at it though. I would hope there would be some incremental improvement going on but not so far. I will continue to work at it though.

Tom made a drop spindle out of the broken one from my kick spindle. I tried it the other night with my black sheep wool rolag and it works well, but the rolag was hideous to work with. I'm probably going to throw the rest of all that fleece out. It's just not good to work with now that I have improved enough to use the good stuff. Not to mention, it feels terrible. You can feel the lanolin still in it, it smells like sheep, and is very rough to the touch.

I still wish I could make a living out of doing this.

Well, SciFi is having a Firefly marathon on so I'm off to spin for the day. And get some knitting done tomorrow. Not much housework today as I'm working on three days with less than 3 hours of sleep each night. Number one son is having problems that are keeping me in a state of constant anxiety. It doesn't get any easier when they grow up.

TTFN

No comments: