Monday, June 30, 2008

Success!

I've been cuddling my knitting bag and telling it I will never leave it behind again. I've promised to take it to church with me to show everyone who prayed it would find its way home and I'm going to try to think about what I do when I do it.

Sigh.

That should be good for a week or so.

The good people at Moraine Park had put it behind the counter instead of the lost & found. One more reason to love that place.

Anyway, thanks for all the good wishes. I am so happy, even though I haven't knitted a stitch since I got home this morning. Because I've been rearranging the house again. Tom doesn't like it but he understands that I have to do it. I had taken the dining table upstairs to his sitting room and had put the living room in the dining room because the living room is now my bedroom. I can't handle the stairs that well in the wee hours of the night when I make my frequent potty trips so Tom insists I sleep downstairs. He works nights and doesn't want to come home and find me at the bottom of the stairs. His words.

Unfortunately the day bed isn't all that comfortable for two critters and me. I think one of the reasons I keep waking up in pain is because I have to sleep in one position all the time because said critters sleep on either side of me. So I swapped the day bed and the futon couch so I'll have a full size bed to sleep in now. And I took the card table, slapped a nice tablecloth on it and put it in front of the day bed so we can eat in the dining/living room again. Although we're not much at sitting down for a meal, Tom has expressed a desire for us to do it on the weekends so now we have a place to eat.

I am so looking forward to sleeping all stretched out.

But the house is still a mess. Or rather the kitchen and my bedroom are still a mess. The living/dining room looks pretty good, aside from all the clutter that gathers in cubbies on the hutch and desk.

So now I need to clean my room, find a place for all my knitting and look forward to knitting like a big girl tonight.

I got some spinning done and ordered some more roving. I've plied more than half of it and it looks pretty good. I washed it a bit after plying and hung it up without any weight on it and it looks pretty balanced. I didn't know if you were supposed to or not, but I saw on some boards on Ravelry that yes, you can. So, yes, I did.

Now I'm off to let the prayer chain know.

TTFN

1 comment:

Mad about Craft said...

So glad it turned up! Prayer is a mighty tool!