Friday, June 27, 2008

I am so hosed.

Not knitting today. Didn't knit yesterday.

Why?

I left my knitting bag at the college yesterday. At least I hope I did. It didn't make it home with us and that's the only place I went besides MickeyD's and I know I didn't take it in there so...

They were closed today and will be closed tomorrow so I won't be able to resolve this until Monday morning. Nearly all my knitting needles were in there along with some irreplaceable patterns and some library books. I'm more worried about the books than anything else because I take my lending privileges very seriously. I sincerely hope someone was honorable and turned it in.

And I sincerely hope that's where I left it because otherwise it went into the big black hole that sucks up all the stuff we lose and never find again. And that would be unthinkable.

I finished spinning the singles and will get a picture of it before I start plying. Right now it's hanging up in the kitchen setting the twist. I've been working with my black sheep wool and it's surprising how well I'm doing with it. I guess practice does make adequate perfect after all. My rolags are pretty pathetic though and the yarn is scratchy in places. I'm still picking VM out of it.

I guess I will knit dish cloths today because I still have all my straight needles and I might have a UFO somewhere still on the needles. Unfortunately I tend to pull the needles out to use them before I actually finish the project.

I think I may need a new brain transplant.

ETA: I found the Hedera pattern and I still have my dpns for that project so I'll be knitting socks this weekend. Whew!

TTFN

2 comments:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Egad, Kathy! That's a knitter's nightmare! Hope they are still there and that nothing is missing.

Mad about Craft said...

I hope they turn up!!!