Saturday, September 1, 2012

Anticipating Autumn

My favorite time of year is Autumn, followed by Winter...but only until February.  After that I get bored and tired of the slush.  But Autumn is a very short season here so we have to start it early to enjoy it.  Usually we have leaves turning in mid August but not this year.  Everything is still very green.  But it wasn't as warm an August as we were used to so I'm not sure why the leaves aren't turning yet.

I took my air conditioner out yesterday because I haven't used it in a month and I prefer my fan in that window anyway.  I slept like a log last night with the fan blowing air on me all night long.  Professor loved it as well.  My room had been rather warm all week because I wasn't using the fans so taking the a/c out opened up the northern breeze I like so well and my room cooled off immediately.

I knit about 2 inches on the blanket last night and finished up the last Sookie Stackhouse mystery.  The very last book will come out next spring so I'll just have to wait on that.  In the meantime I'm re-reading James Herriot's books and might look into the Nicholas Flamels series. Trying not to run to the library all the time.  It's closed until Tuesday anyway but I have books here at home I can read.  I probably should re-read the Eragon series since I haven't read the last book to it yet.

I'm getting ready to go watch some tv and knit more on the blanket.  I might finish up the sweater this weekend.  I found my crochet hooks.  They were in a drawer I had looked at 3 times in a very prominent place.  It must be the car key fairies.  They do like to move things around.  So now I have extra hooks.  It's just as well as I misplace them all the time.

It's overcast today, a remnant of Isaac.  We won't get the rain but we're getting the skies.  I wouldn't mind the rain because we're still below our average.

Well, off to knit.  I'm not cooking supper tonight as we didn't eat lunch until around 5 p.m.  No one got up before noon today.

TTFN

No comments: