Monday, September 17, 2012

A whole lot of knitting goin' on

I've definitely got my knitting mojo back.  I cleaned my bedroom, organized all my yarn (and by organize I mean I stuffed the yarn in nooks and crannies and drawers so it wasn't pile in the middle of the floor in bags) and found some projects I had started that needed my attention.  So I'm knitting on a cape I started last winter, working on some baby clothes still, and found some magazines that had been stashed away.  I'm also working on the Greek Key afghan again.

And I started a pair of winter socks. 

I got my birthday gifts a week early and there were two skeins of Fisherman's Wool from Lion Brand in a lovely, tweedy brown that will do nicely for socks.  Some of my socks from last year need mending already so I'm done with the acrylic/wool blend.  The only wool socks I own are still intact after 2 years of wearing.  They have to be hand washed but I'm okay with that.  I know eventually they'll need darning but at least I can get through a winter safely.

I'm coming down with something in my head/sinuses in spite of my allergy meds.  I keep getting stopped up and general achiness that is probably not the fibromyalgia this time around.  I was going to go to the store today but I just don't feel well and as I have to take Professor in the Animart for their vaccination clinic tomorrow, I can wait.

Tom also build me a new window sill over the sink so I've got room for an herb garden.  I've also got a rack under to hang my dishcloths on.  I need to knit up some nice looking dishcloths now.  I used some old ugly cotton yarn to make the ones I have but I might dig out my cotton yarn (that I found when cleaning) and knit up another, pretty one.

Oh, and I got a Kindle, too.  I love it but feel so guilty as we couldn't really afford it.  I'll have to make adjustments to the grocery shopping to account for the money but Tom surprised me with it and he really did want me to have one.  I'll admit that I didn't think about returning it because I really did want one.  I had already bought some free books (which is what I will use it for primarily) so now I can read them.  Yay!

Well, off to get some work done.  Or maybe lie down and take a nap.  I'm really not feeling well today.

TTFN

No comments: