Thursday, September 13, 2012

Feeling the call of Autumn

The weather is all over the place.  Yesterday it was 86F and today I'm in a sweater and jeans.  The temps will go back up again by the weekend but Autumn is in sight so I'm happy about that.  I'm going to tackle the dining room, finish up the laundry and probably tomorrow start shifting summer things to winter things in the dresser.  I can get by with one pair of shorts but since I wear my t-shirts under my sweatshirts in the winter, they can stay.  I also need to find my slippers.  I use flip flops in the summer.

I finished up the blue sweater and it doesn't look bad at all.  Seems a bit big but the baby will be around 9 pounds or so.  I don't know why but when I knit for pleasure I have few problems with the finished product but when I'm knitting on consignment or for someone specifically I always mess up.  This time the neck ended up too small for a head to poke through so I had to find the ends I had woven in, rip back an re-bind it off with needles 4 sizes bigger in order to get the stretch I needed.  I didn't have that problem with the other baby sweaters I knitted.

I finally picked up the blanket again last night but I had been working on a new sweater.  This one out of baby sport in yellow.  I have a yellow blanket ready so I thought I would make a blanket to go with it and maybe knit up blankets to go with the other sweaters as well.  I won't have much to donate at this speed but I'm not a fast knitter. I'll probably do more knitting in the winter since I tend to nest during the colder months.  I also hope to get back to other things, like spinning and drawing.  Maybe even some writing again.

In the meantime, I feel a need to do some organizing and cleaning before I have to winterize.  I've decided to keep my bedroom the way it is since we never get any company anyway and the room will be too small if I turn it back into a living room.  But I have to do some organizing since I brought those bags of yarn upstairs.  I have no idea where I'm going to store them.

I've been sleeping pretty good lately, about 10 hours a night.  It takes several of those in a row to start feeling the energy and usually there is one night of sleeplessness to ruin it all, which happened two nights ago.  But I'll try to take advantage of what I've got and get as much done as I can with the miniscule amount of energy I've managed to accumulate.

TTFN

No comments: