Sunday, February 24, 2008

Random Sunday and a review


You say there's another 2-6 inches coming? And just where am I supposed to go wee?

That's not a drift; that's how much we've got on the ground.

And bear in mind, Professor is a Chihuahua/Pomeranian blend.

It occurred to me today on the way to church while having a theological discussion with Zach that most people aren't necessarily interested in finding the truth; they want what they believe to be the truth.

Tom is sleeping in the living room again today and got there before we got home from church so I can't get to either my book or my knitting. Plus I've spent the entire afternoon trying to keep Mr. Yappy the Professor quiet. A near impossibility. And I haven't been able to call my parents because it would wake him up. I'm reading closed captioning on the television because I can't turn it up loud enough to hear without waking him up. Grrrr.

I got the new Interweave Knits today and am very impressed. I haven't seen a knitting magazine yet that I wanted to make so many items in it. So very doable in this issue. I'm not going to use the pictures from the site because it would take forever for this blog to load up, but you can slip over there and see them for yourselves.

First off is a pair of legwarmers that are just lovely and wouldn't be hard at all to turn into socks if you wanted to. They're snug-fitting rather than the slouchy legwarmers of the past. Made of sportweight yarn, using size US 3 needles.

Mirabella Cardigan by Jennifer Tallapaneni is a nice short-sleeved fitted-waist cardigan. Not my style but something I would like to knit for my sister, maybe.

Flutter Sleeve Cardigan by Pam Allen is similar to Mirabella but with enough differences to make it very interesting. I think I like this one better but they both look like a lot of fun to knit.

Auburn Camp Shirt by Chrissy Gardiner is a nice short sleeve sweater with interesting cuffs and collar. Another one I would like to knit.

My favorite is the Holly Jacket by Theresa Schabes. It ahs a definite 50's flair to it and its simplicity makes it so charming. This one I will make for me.

The Frock Camisole by Katie Himmelberg looks feminine and comfortable but I couldn't wear it because of my prosthesis, darn it. I wish someone would make feminine things for women with one breast.

Aleita Shell by Bonne Marie Burns is another one that I love but couldn't wear because of my shape. But maybe I could lose enough weight to wear it. It's really lovely.

I love the Linen Trumpet Skirt by Kat Coyle. I'm not a big fan of knitted skirts because they tend to be fitted and my shape is nothing to exaggerate but this one is loose and flowing. I would make it longer (if I could afford the yarn) but otherwise it's great.

A Good Stripe Dress by Mareike Sattler is adorable for a young girl wanting to look both feminine and sporty at the same time. It's knit in the round with jogless stripes. Looks like fun but I have no one to knit it for.

Banded Peasant Blouse by Mary Jane Mucklestone is cute and looks very comfortable but again not for my shape. My sister would look good in it though. It has all the beauty of a peasant blouse without the blousy sleeves.

Printed Silk Cardigan by Connie Chang Chinchio is beautiful. A bit of an empire style waist but still something I could wear. I love this one as well.

Slyph Cardigan by Robin Melanson is cute and feminine but I think for a younger person. The fitted waist and ruffle speak to me of girl and not woman, but I could be wrong. Still, if I had someone to knit this for I would do it in a heartbeat. It looks so interesting.

Dovetail Pullover by Kathy Zimmerman will be on the needles before my head hits the pillow tonight. I love this. The simplicity of it makes the cables really stand out. I also love that the sleeves aren't cabled. I sometimes love a cabled pattern but think they get a bit too busy when the sleeves have them as well.

Chameleon Scarf by Lorilee Beltman is the only pattern in here I didn't care for. Not that it's not pretty. The colors are nice. But I'm not a huge fan of granny squares and this looks like a bunch of granny squares attached one by one. Not my favorite.

Twisted Tulip Socks by Chrissy Gardiner are nice and will definitely by in my queue.

Hexacomb Cardigan by Katie Himmelberg is beautiful but I'm not a fan of short or cropped sweaters. I don't think it would be hard at all to lengthen though.

I love the Katharine Vest by Eunny Jang and not just because of the name. It's lightweight yet is a wonderful fashion accessory rather than a full garment. The open front makes it doable for any figure shape.

Cobweb Lace Stole by Michele Rose Orne is another one in my queue. I prefer rectangular shawls and this one is lovely. Not as delicate as some I've seen out there but that's another thing I like about it.

Drawstring Chemise by Connie Chang Chinchio is another one the I would love to wear but again, can't. I might have to knit it anyway just because it looks so good.

There are two shawls in the issue. Two! Bleeeding Hearts Shawl by Anne Hanson is another beautiful shawl although a bit more delicate than the Cobweb Lace Stole. Another rectangular shawl so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth with this issue.

There are some free patterns as always but they don't scream out to me but there is an article about Ravelry that is really interesting.

I'd definitely recommend this issue to anyone.

Now if Tom would just wake up so I can get in there to my yarn and needles!

TTFN

No comments: