Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Me, feeling better in the sunshine

I saw the sun today without a hint of a snowflake, but there was plenty of residue on the streets making driving treacherous. Starting up again at stop signs was interesting, at best. It took me a few tries to get going at one while other cars at right angles to me waited...er...patiently. I'm hoping, anyway.

But after shoveling last night (drifts of about a foot on the sidewalk) we got another inch or two with snowplow residue on the entrance to the driveway. Neither Zach or I could face it today. We'll get it tomorrow.

Of late when I get home from wherever I happen to be on a given day, Professor needs to be held, making responding to blogs and emails a difficulty. He's off sleeping right now so I'm free for at least an hour or so until he wakes up and wants to be held again. It's like having a baby in the house after all these years. At least he's starting to make up with Hannibal. For those who don't know the back history, they were playing and Hannibal caught Professor when he was trying to get up on the couch. Prof fell and hurt his back leg (he's still limping occasionally on it) and ever since then won't have anything to do with the cat. Poor Hannibal keeps trying to get him to play but the mighty dog barks hysterically when he comes near.

Last night, Professor got one of his jerky treats caught on the roof of his mouth and was freaking out a bit trying to get it loose. I picked him up (thinking it was in his throat...me near hysteria myself) and tried to dislodge it. He squeaked when I put my fingers in his mouth so I set him down. Hannibal came running up to him to see if he was all right, in obvious distress over Professor. Professor was able to get it out and calmed down and let Hannibal sniff over him. Later when Hannibal crawled up on the bed, he didn't chase him off but let him come over and sniff him to see if he was okay. Later on I woke up to find them both under the covers with me curled up next to each other.

Ahhh...peace.

I've been working on a sweater from Knitty the past couple of days. I frogged the cabled cardigan I was working on because I didn't like the neckline on it and didn't feel like making a button band after it was all said and done. I want to do something challenging and love the trees on this sweater. They remind me of Gondor's flag from Return of the King. Mine is in a sage green and I'm not decreasing for the waist since mine tends to the concave rather than convex. I don't like a lot of fitting around the middle anyway.

Working on a pink and black raglan pullover for Zach. It's pretty mindless so I do that when I'm watching Midsomer Murders or Inspector Lynley. Or if I feel like propping a book up in the car and reading.

Speaking of reading. I finished the latest Hamish Macbeth mystery and am back to Elizabeth George and Caroline Graham. And listening to the third Artemis Fowl book. I think my mind is coming back to me. It doesn't feel like mush anymore.

At least not much like mush.

I'm loving Pride and Prejudice on PBS. I almost got the dvd from the library today but I decided to wait until this Sunday to watch the conclusion. It's not like I don't know the story but I've never seen any of the productions. Casting was excellent. Colin Firth makes the best Mr. Darcy and Mr. Collins is superb. He played Cicero on Rome (HBO) where he did an excellent job. Plus he's been on Midsomer Murders, as well. That's one of the things I love about British productions: you see actors all over the place...on television, plays and movies. There doesn't seem to be the division or caste system that exists in American actors.

One of my favorite moments was seeing Sean Bean on Vicar of Dibley. It was classic.

I'm feeling better today. Thanks so much to everyone who was concerned. It means a lot. I think the sunshine helped. More snow on Thursday but I'm going to start exercising tomorrow. I think that will help the depression as well as any medication might. I'm starting out slowly though. I'd love to take Professor out walking but the sidewalks at intersections are blocked by snow and no way to really get around it unless I walk in the road and that's not a good idea.

I'm off to relax, knit and watch the dvds I got from the library today. And later a soak in a bubble bath.

I will post my list of blogs that make my day later this week. I truly feel honored to have been chosen by Ailsa.
TTFN

No comments: