Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Confession is good for the soul

I've pledged to myself to only blog when I had something to say. You would think that would be a given but with me, blathering is an artform. Having nothing to say has never stopped me from saying it.

So I thought I would start with a few confessions. No, don't prepare to be shocked. My life isn't that exciting.

This is mildly embarrassing but I have a neopet. I've had this neopet for 1,134 days and I can't bear to give it up. I almost called it him. For some reason whenever he gets to the starving stage, I feel guilty so I stick him in the neolodge where they will feed and pamper him and I don't have to think about him until I get the email telling me he's checked out and I need to think about feeding him. The way I afford all this pampering is to play games for neopoints.

I also have a neohome that is three stories high and completely furnished. That, too, costs neopoints and I don't buy furniture as often as I have to feed the pet but there it is. I can't give any of it up. I've tried to. I've even gone so far as to look up the adoption page but something in me won't let go.

I'm such a child.

Another confession is that I wish I could be done with dieting. I'm tired of thinking about food 24/7 year after year and watching my weight stay the same or go up. I honestly don't think I can give this up either because it's like the neopet and is ingrained in my being. But I truly think dieting is what is making me fat. Ideally I would like to just wake up in the morning, eat what I need to eat all day and go to bed at night without looking at the scale or worrying about how my clothes fit. I think our society has screwed us up for life with diets.

I'm going to try it knowing that it will probably get worse before it gets better but what I'm doing right now isn't working and since I've tried every diet out there, plus counseling and that's not working, I can't see how it would hurt to try this.

Confession number three: I hate watching television with Tom. He ridicules my shows and makes commentary all the way through it. Let me make it clear that he does this with shows he watches, too, but it does make my viewing less than pleasurable. He considers it entertainment but I don't.

Confessions last: I'm cranky. So very cranky. I love the boy with everything in me but I need silence right now and he's so excited about things going on at school that he's a virtual chatterbox. I don't dare burst his bubble so I listen but I seriously need a vacation from everyone. An afternoon at Wendy's (they know us so well there) with a good book and notebook and pencil would be my ideal vacation.

I'm so weird.

I frogged the pullover from Interweave because the yarn I had wasn't right for the pattern but let me tell you that I love the pattern and will knit it as soon as I have the right yarn.

More snow tomorrow. Whee. Let me contain my excitement.

TTFN

2 comments:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

It sounds like you do need a mini vacation from everything.

I hope you can get away, even to the library for a bit of quiet time.

Anonymous said...

I do not have a neopet, but I very often "walk" and "feed" and "bathe" my daughter's dog Squeak that resides in her Nintendo DS. I just hate the thought of turning it on after being neglected for days and seeing fleas jumping all over her (the "dog", not DD) We're just nurturers :)