Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Puppy on my shoulder


As I said the other day, I've been honored by Ailsa with my first award ever. I try not to be a gushy person but she has really made my day and in many cases, my week. I wanted to have an entry listing the people who make my day but there are more than 10 and I don't want to leave anyone out so just look to the left at the blogs listed there and know that the vast majority of them impress me, inspire me, leave me in awe of their talents and uplift me.

They make my day. You all...make my day. All of you who read this blog make my day because you make me feel worthwhile.

Professor rarely leaves my side anymore. He's on my shoulder right now and probably will stay there until I get up again. I think he has separation anxiety. But as long as he stays on my shoulder I can type. It's when he insists on cuddling up in my arms that makes it difficult.

Just a couple of things I've been working on. Two blankets for the Haiti Project, if I ever make it back to church. The weather has been such a hindrance but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Just pray it's not a train coming.




Above is Red Heart yarn and some Mainstays from StuffMart. I'm hoping to use up my Red Heart stash to its advantage. Larger needles and garter stitch make a soft, cuddly blanket. It's not my favorite yarn for garments though. Colors are accurate.


This is Caron Simply Soft, what I had left over from some other projects. The dark stripes are a dark green, not black. The colors otherwise are pretty accurate.

I frogged the sweater from Knitty. I am not a huge fan of reverse stockinette but I thought as a backdrop for the trees would make it okay but I really didn't like the way it looked. I found a shawl collar cabled sweater in one of my Interweave magazines and I'm trying that. It requires a lot of concentration which should be good for me. I need to exercise my brain.

I had to take the maximum dosage of pain meds this evening. It's getting frustrating dealing with the pain and fatigue. I should count my blessings that I had some remission from the fibromyalgia for a few years. Accepting my limitations has never been a strong point for me. I know this won't last at this intensity for much longer and that if I just ride it out instead of fighting it, I will be much better off. But I just don't seem to listen to me.

One would think after all the years of sage advice I've given myself, I would but nooooooo....

Today has been a very long day. Laundry this morning. Zach had to go to the college to work on a project so we just stayed for his class tonight and then laundry and dishes before bed. At least I didn't have to shovel any snow today (although Zach had to.) Tomorrow is a long day in Fond du Lac. And Friday will be a long day as well. Zach has an appointment at 9 and a work study at 1 and I have banking and shopping to do. Saturday and Sunday are for cleaning and catching up. I figured the only day I have to sleep late is Wednesday mornings but Tom doesn't like it when I sleep late and so makes a lot of noise and then apologizes when he wakes me up.

Zach is going to try to get his license this summer, which will help a lot, especially if he decides to change his major and won't have to go to Fond du Lac anymore.

Although the increase in insurance will be a huge shock to the budget. I will absolutely have to get a job to pay for that.

Well, it's getting late and I have two loads of laundry to fold and supper dishes to wash. And since I have to get up early to make lunches and pack up the car of Fond du Lac, I need to get to bed early tonight. Not going to happen.

Oh, well. I can sleep in the car once we get there. Reclining seats and a toasty warm blanket help.

Puppy is still on my shoulder.

TTFN


No comments: