Thursday, January 17, 2008

Time flies when you're sleeping most of it

I know you can't really catch up on lost sleep but it sure feels good to try. I don't know what is going on but I am getting some wondrous sleep. So much so that I may end up with a few hours in savings. I've been getting some naps in as well as going to bed a bit earlier than normal (although we're still talking post-midnight) and sleeping well past 10 a.m.


Just in time for the start of Zach's second semester.


We got the rest of his books today so we're all ready to go. Got his grades from last semester as well. Straight A's. I'm so proud.


Not so proud of the pink/black sweater though. It's been frogged and another one started in its place. The finished product was just too tight in the sleeves and across the shoulders so I found another raglan sweater on Knitty and started it yesterday. It took me a while to unseam the darn thing. I'm just too good and weaving in loose ends.


I am progressing on the cabled sweater. I took it with me to meet up with Vicki and had trouble knitting the moss stitch and talking at the same time so I had to put it up until I could figure out where I made my mistake. Instead I pulled out the supersocke sock and worked an inch or so on it. Vicki appropriately drooled over it.

As usual she had something wonderful and intricate on her needles. It was all I could do to keep my mouth from dropping open and drooling on myself while watching her knit.

We had a good time even though I still felt like I babbled a lot. I need more social interaction, I think. I spent the last 20 years talking mostly to my son and my husband. I need to practice on more people than the cashier at StuffMart.

We have snow once again and it looks like we'll be getting a bit more tomorrow. Certainly there is more than the "less than an inch of accumulation" that was promised. Plus it's going to get bitterly cold tonight and last for a few days. I'm glad I got all the shopping done today. I don't plan on going out tomorrow.

Zach says I need to exercise my brain more so I'm going to do some reading this weekend and lay off the computer more. Plus, I really have a lot of things to do to get ready for next week. I have to plan lunches to take with us and figure out meals to cook in the crockpot. And I didn't get any audiobooks so I may have to burn something free off the internet to take with me. Or just listen to music or read. There's a concept.

I think I'm off for another nap. I feel positively giddy with all the sleep I've been getting.

No comments: