Thursday, January 10, 2008

Here be socks




The sabbatical socks for my sister to take to Europe with her. I expect pictures of the socks with very old landmarks.

Bought some of Zach's textbooks today. It's cheaper to get them at Moraine Park, not only because we can sell them back at the end of the term, but this way we don't get the wrong textbooks or the wrong edition. Plus, I want to support Moraine Park as much as possible. They do a great job there and need to be rewarded for it.

We had to order the ones for some of his classes in Fond du Lac. I'm glad I didn't wait until the last day to get his books.

I'm going with the supersocke yarn. Thanks to Jeanne who responded in the last post. It didn't take much to talk me into it, but someone needed to do it.

And thanks for the advice. I'll never let anyone talk to me the way Tom talked to me on New Year's Eve ever again. I will walk away. If I can't, I will stick my fingers in my ears and sing the lala song until I can walk away. It's verbal abuse and I won't put up with it again.

Ailsa, you rock, too. Thanks so much for the support and great things you had to say. But..goodness...you are a blogging wonder these past few days. :-)

And to everyone else who was there for me...huge hugs! All that love and good wishes has really boosted me.

Okay, enough sappy stuff. I think I'm going to work on spinning next week. It's my last week at home before Zach's school starts again. I need to actually spin the roving I bought at the Sheep & Wool festival last fall instead of not spinning the black sheep rolags I've so badly carded and rolled. I need to work on the good stuff so I can feel good about the spinning.

Then it's going to be back to structure and trying to fit everything in. I'm most likely going to apply at the hospital for any position I can find to get my foot in the door. I found out they occasionally have the CNA classes for free (in exchange for working for them) so I think I'm going to look into that. I still want to do that but I also want to work on getting good at knitting and spinning instead of just running in place like I have been doing.

I cast on for this last night in the yarn I got from Hobby Lobby before Christmas. It's a sage green and the name of the yarn is I Love this Yarn. I don't know if I do or not but it was cheap and so soft and the color was right. I want to make this for my mother for Christmas next year. Or maybe Mother's Day.

Also, I need to get back on track for eating better. I got on the scale today and just about screamed. I'm going to make sure I get exercise into my life this time. Charter on Demand has Tai Chi so I might try that for stress. Heaven knows I need something for that.

I've also decided (after frogging several UFOs last night and finding no less than 7 circular needles) to limit my projects from now on. I'm so much a project knitter but I do like to finish something now and then. It makes me feel better about myself.

I wonder how long that resolve will last though.

I need a light tent, too, but since Tom isn't going to get around to it...or anything else he's promised to do for me, then I'm going to have to stop depending on him and just do it myself, darn it.

And I'm going to have to learn how to work on the car as well before if falls apart like the last one did.

Off to knit and watch Angel and SG-1.

TTFN

3 comments:

Angie said...

The sister sab socks look great.

I've never done Tai Chi but it looks so calming and non-sweat producing. :D

Mad about Craft said...

I'm so glad you are feeling more upbeat.
I'll join you with the healthy eating and excercise campaign as I'm feeling rather thick around the waist and when I go to see the hospital about my arthritis thingy I'll get told off, again!!! for not doing any excercise as it helps with the pain and stiffness.

Kathy said...

Thanks, Angie. I hope Peg likes them.

I've never done Tai Chi before but it looks so graceful and calming like you said.

That's great, Ailsa, we can get healthy together. I'm not going to focus so much on dieting because it wears on me so much, although I do hope to lose weight. I really need to change my habits and make them lifelong, something dieting won't do for me.

My arthritis has been bothering me a lot lately and if I don't get it and the fibromyalgia under control, getting a job or passing the physical for nursing assistant will be an uphill battle.

I hate getting told off by my doctor.