Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Blatherings

I had an epiphany last night: I hate knitting blankets. Not even lacy or textured blankets.

Well, maybe I could knit this one.

But definitely not the one I was knitting last night. It has been frogged and I'm knitting a baby hoodie instead ( can't remember where I got the pattern.) I figure I can knit several baby sweaters with the yarn it would take to knit one blanket.

I don't like the socks I'm knitting. I'm trying to use up some Woolease I've got and I do like the color combination. But I really want to knit this yarn, the Supersocke.


I really, really want to go through my UFOs and decide what I'm going to actually finish and what I've lost interest in and rip those back into oblivion. I'm just not sure I have the energy to do that. It involves a lot of detective work locating all of it.

Flashlights and everything. Maybe even a magnifying glass.

I must have a lot of UFOs because I have almost no circular needles in my plastic bin.

I also want to go through my house and get rid of everything I don't need, put things I need where I can locate them, and clean what ever I can find.

No, seriously. I really want to do that.

Ain't gonna happen though.

My ambitions don't correlate to my incentives. I got no follow-through and I'm not sure how to get it.

I had my old library card number memorized but for some reason I can't get this new one down to memory. Probably because my new Internet Explorer has a fill-in-the-blank function that automatically fills ithe number in to my online account.

I got Stargate Atlantis and Vicar of Dibley: season 2 from the library today. I haven't finished SG-1 season 8 yet. I hate it when they all come in at the same time. I have to do marathons in order to finish them on time. I think in the future, I will just put one thing on hold at a time.

Yeah...right.

I'm going to wait to put my application in for Moraine Park. There is really nothing I can do this term and after figuring out the cost of the course, I realize I don't have the money for it. I wish I could figure out a way to earn money from home. Nothing is coming to mind though.

I really need to delete Ravelry from my favorite places. It's sucking all the time out of my life.

I want my mind back. I don't know when I lost it but I might need to put posters up on utility poles so someone can find it and claim the reward.

I want a vacation. A real one. One where I can go someplace and not have to cook on a campfire or kerosene stove, do dishes in a plastic bin and sleep in a sleeping bag. One that I don't have to cook or clean someplace else. One where I can just rest and not think of any of the things that are keeping me awake every night.

I would love to visit England, Scotland and Ireland. In my dreams, I have a little croft in Northern Scotland where I am independently wealthy but live a very simple life, knit beautiful things from wool I have spun from my own sheep, dyed in my own tubs and shared with my quirky neighbors who have these incredible lives and adventures, get into insane situations every week.

Oh, wait. That's Lochdubh. I wonder if Hamish Macbeth (the one from the book although I wouldn't kick Robert Carlysle out of my dream) would be there?

Maybe I could live in Ireland in a small village where there is a priest who is in love with the local publican.

No, that's Ballykissangel.

I need my Anglophile fix.

So why can't I live in my fantasy?

I guess I'll just go and finish up Zach's pink and black sweater, frog the Woolease socks and finish another UFO just so I can get another needle freed up.

It's been raining and while most of the snow is gone, the temps will plummet tonight and we might get some more snow on top of the ice that was the rain that was falling all day.

As Winnie the Pooh would say, "oh, bother."

TTFN

2 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Hang in there, girl!!

Jeanne said...

Life's Short - knit the supersocke! I've made a pair in this year - knits nice - might split a little, tho. I' d knit with again [good thing, as I have another ball in the stash]
Hang in there - you might look at the PFLAG site -
and, just because some one sets you down for a talk, you don't have to stay if what they are saying makes you upset, and is so totally wrong.