Friday, January 4, 2008

Many thanks

Day before yesterday I was at my lowest. I had a headache that wouldn't go away (the beginning of some kind of head cold thingie), I was depressed and feeling completely hopeless. I had to go to the store, which I really didn't want to do, and the library because I couldn't renew Stargate and didn't want to pay late fees.

So I went, did what I needed to do and sat in the parking lot and cried.

Then I got a frosty from Wendy's. I mean...that's like medication, right?

When I got home there was a package on the front porch. I hadn't ordered anything in...like...forever so I couldn't figure out what it was.

It was a gift from my parents. They knew Tom only got me a calendar for Christmas and that I was pretty low. They didn't know about the the verbal tirade on New Year's Eve. I felt really bad that I had seemingly hinted for a gift. That wasn't my intent.

But...I loved the gift nonetheless. It was a bag with bath stuff in it. Honey vanilla, one of my favorite scents. But the bag is just wonderful a soft suede and fleece and the perfect size for my sock yarn and needles.




The sabbatical socks are almost done. I'll be working on warmer socks after this with some leftover Woolease that I have in abundance.



Isn't this great? Just the perfect size and so soft I could sleep with it.

I'm looking forward to a bubble bath, too. Lots of things to make me feel good.

And some wonderful inspirational literature inside, too. There was an article by Taylor Caldwell, one of my favorite authors, about a desolate Christmas she had that turned out to be full of God's wonderful blessings. And a really nice devotional.

I really love my parents.

I do feel better today. Yesterday was an energetic day. I did some major cleaning of the kitchen. I have no counter space because we have so many things Tom wants left out so I cleaned and threw three big garbage bags full of stuff away, rearranged the dining room to give us more room (and hauled some furniture off to the basement for later consideration.)

I loved it. I was so tired even though Zach helped tremendously with it all. It looks so much cleaner, more user-friendly and more open.

Tom stomped around the house playing the drama king. (And I mean he literally stomped. ) He hates it when I change anything at all in the house. If I move a coffee pot to another counter, he makes a comment on it. If I move a coffee table to a different place he makes a comment.

Too bad. It's my house, too.

I haven't signed up with Moraine Park yet. I'll do that next week I think when I go buy Zach's textbooks for next term.

I'm nervous and excited. I've done this kind of work before so I'm not worried about the course, but I have been a loner for many years and interacting with people is a bit unnerving.

Thanks to everyone who had encouragement and friendship to offer. I so appreciate it. I couldn't reach everyone through email so I'm taking this opportunity to thank you so humbly and lovingly. It meant so much to me to know there are so many out there who care.

Thanks also to everyone who was so supportive of Zach. It was so upsetting that the tirade was happening right outside Zach's bedroom and he heard it all. He's strong, though, and is okay. However, it did do a lot of damage to an already fragile relationship with his dad.

I'm off to do the weekly shopping and home for quality knitting. I'm almost done with Zach's pink & black sweater. I don't think I'm going to put a hood on it. He really wouldn't use a hood and I don't want to piece together a lot of small skeins with all the ends to weave in.

The sabbatical socks will be done tonight as well.

Stargate SG-1 season 8 tonight. And Atlantis is in at the library. I'll pick that up next week though.

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great! Why not buy textbooks from online bookstores? I get 2 textbooks from a online bookstore and save me more than $200. All the textbooks are BRAND NEW. That's great. You may visit the web to see any help.

http://www.cocomartini.com/