Saturday, January 26, 2008

Me not knitting much. Me falling down a lot.

I've been exercising my brain lately with British mysteries. Gosh, how I love them. I found a new author I hadn't read before: Margaret Yorke. Very impressive. And of course, Elizabeth George. I love the books better than the series on PBS but I do like to watch them as well as read them.

And with Jane Austin on Masterpiece, it's like getting Christmas for months afterward.

But...almost no knitting is going on today. I did knit some last night while Zach and I watched Monty Python. He just loves their humor. Me, too. And one of my favorites: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

I've been working on the Supersocke and just started the heel flap last night. I had to take time out to knit Zach some slippers. Almost done with the second one. I just need to put the cuff on it. It's an old pattern my late mother-in-law gave me but I made adjustments to it. I think the leaflet is from the 40's.

Also been working on a pair of Woolease socks which I need. And Zach's pink sweater, which I switched to Caron Simply Soft instead of Red Heart. I just couldn't stand the feel of it any more. I haven't worked much on the cabled sweater lately though.

Been reading a lot.

It snowed yet again last night. We got about 4 inches. I wasn't up to helping Zach shovel today and since Tom doesn't help him at all, he had to do it himself. It didn't hurt him to do it, but I understand how tired he is of it and how nice it would have been if Tom had gone out there with him to help. It would have helped them create a bond. Although I suspect it's too late for that now. He missed out on opportunities to do things with Zach. I guess he only wanted to do fun things with him (although his idea of fun and Zach's haven't been similar in a long time.) It's a shame he didn't realize that it would have made the chores more fun if he had done them alongside Zach instead of sending him off to do distasteful things.

His loss, my gain. It's not like I enjoyed doing the stuff, but I enjoyed spending time with Zach. And I hate sending anyone off to do something I hate doing myself. I'd much rather share the load.

I'm hoping to make it to church tomorrow. I fell again this week and landed hard on the same knee I hurt last week. I did some serious hurtage to my knee this time. Just the light touch of my jeans against the knee was enough to send me into clenched teeth and sweating. And poor Professor landed on my knee untold times this week. I can lightly touch it now although I won't be kneeling at the altar for Eucharist this week. I think I'll stand.

It's amazing, though, how people managed to not see me writhing in pain on the curb of a busy store, clutching my knee and trying not to throw up from the pain. I must have sat there for a good 5 minutes before I was able to get up and walk into the store and sit on a chair and try not to faint. Zach was in class so he wasn't with me and I needed my prescriptions or I would have just gone back to the car and waited for him to get out.

I'm just glad I didn't break it. I guess all those calcium suppliments have helped. Unfortunately, it hasn't helped my arthritis a bit. I been increasing my maximum pain pill dosage the past few days for the arthritis and the knee pain from the fall. I have permission from my doctor to do that as long as I don't do it for many days in a row. And I never have taken it this many days in a row before. It's good though because I haven't even taken so much as a tylenol today.

I was going to spin today but Tom got up and was watching documentaries in the living room and since I wasn't in the mood for that, I got caught up on internet stuff I've been missing with the internet down for nearly a week.

But now I need to go get ready for church tomorrow. I've really missed it.

TTFN

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm glad you didn't do too much damage. Too bad no one decided to stop and help - I mean you coudln't have looked THAT dangerous! :) No more falling now, ya here!?