Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why won't this week end?

This new schedule is taking some getting used to.  Monday I was so sleepy that I was worried about my driving.  I took Tom to work, took Zach to school and went back to pick Tom up at 10:30 p.m.  Unfortunately he didn't get out until 11:30 so I ended up sitting in the cold truck waiting for him.  I can't go into his work because of health and safety issues (no steel-toed boots for one) and I was nervous about falling asleep while waiting for him.  He drove home, thankfully.

But by the time we got there, I wasn't sleepy anymore and didn't get to sleep until about 2 a.m.  He woke up at 7:30 a.m. to walk to the garage to get the car and did nothing quietly.  So I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.  I ended up sleeping in the car when we got to Fond du Lac for about 20 minutes.  I really needed it.  And then I slept another half hour after we went to McSnacky's to get some supper.  I was a lot more confident on the drive home.  Good thing, too. The police were out in force.  I saw two people get pulled over around the Lomira/Theresa area. That's one place I would never, ever exceed the speed limit.  Never.

I had to fix Tom's supper when I got home, help Zach get the trash and recyclables out to the curb and do some general straightening up.  

I managed to get 7 hours sleep last night and I think I'm good to go although I do feel like I'll never get enough sleep.  I think that's just the nature of fibromyalgia though.  Constant fatigue. Never feel rested.

Tom hates the computer and lets me know every day how bad it is.  Thing is, I never have a problem with it.  He just hates anything new.  So Zach and I are going to fix up the old computer for him and see about getting a monitor off of freecycle so he can stay up in his room forever.  I'll need to get a wireless router but it would be worth it for him to stop the constant bitching about the computer.

Plus, maybe he'll stop fiddling with it to the degree that I have to use factory restore on it. Every single time he changes something on the computer.

I finished an autobiography by Donny Osmond.  It was interesting.  I pick up biographies often because people fascinate me.  Sometimes they infuriate me, but most times I am intrigued by what life has handed them and how they handle it.  Nothing about the book surprised me but I do have a greater admiration for him.  I see a lot of my son in him.  The OCD issues, for one.   Although Donny didn't have OCD, he did have some ocd behaviors.  

I'm reading another Duncan Kincaid/Gemma James book.  It's a wonder these were never serialized on television.  They would be great.  But then, I don't think I've read a British mystery I didn't love.

Not much knitting going on.  Too tired for the most part.  I got about 3 inches done on the shawl and am nearing the point where I will graft the pieces together so I tend to go slower, measuring every few rows.  Still not sure who it is for.

My mom wants some socks so I'm going to get a care package together and send her all the socks I've knit in the past year.  I've got a cowl for her and a neckwarmer for Dad.  I do need to find something else to send my dad.  I don't want him to feel left out.  Maybe a gift card at Wendy's or something.

I'm off to warm up my hands.  I can't find my mitts and am too tired to do a serious search for them.  Hopefully I will rest up this weekend and do better next week.

Yeah...rest...that would be an unusual treat.

TTFN

No comments: