Thursday, February 5, 2009

This feels like the weekend

I could really learn  to love this new schedule.

I've got tonight and tomorrow night to watch what I want on television.  Which will be tons of Doctor Who.  I've seen an episode here and there but never really got into it.  Now that I've started from the beginning...I'm hooked.

And I really love Captain Jack.

I'm fixing pizza tonight...from scratch.  Except I don't seem to have any toppings beyond cheese and pepperoni.  The olives had gone over and I didn't have a green pepper after all.  And no mushrooms either.

It's okay.  I can eat a pepperoni pizza just fine.

I went online and looked at our utility bill and nearly fainted.  $167.  For the month.  I'm doing the happy dance, for sure.  And no, it doesn't make me want to turn the heat up.  Much.

In fact, I'm pretty comfortable right now, but that's because I'm baking pizza and I'm right next to the kitchen.

It warmed up some today so maybe the ice in the driveway will melt.  Until it freezes again and I have ice spread out even more.  Sigh.

I've been on youtube today on a Queen binge.  I decided instead of buying the cds I can't afford I'll just do it this way.  I'd much prefer watching the videos anyway.  Normally I'd get them from the library and listen to them for a couple of weeks and then take them back since my attention span is only about that long anyway, but I can't find any Queen at the library.

And I've been craving some Dan Fogelberg, too, so I might look him up on youtube as well.

And some Kansas.

I've got some labs due on Friday so I can get my cholesterol meds refilled.  I get so tired of this. Every three months I have to do this.  I don't think I need them that often but apparently the doctor is a fan of them.  I would love to get healthy and not need any of these meds.  What are the odds though?

I keep forgetting that dieting makes me gain weight so now I've gained about 7 pound in the past three weeks from fretting over dieting.  I've got to stop doing the same things over and over again.  It's not working.  When will I get that through my head?

I've been reading Anam Cara very slowly...trying to absorb it.  One thing really stuck out.  The author talks about the notion of being selfless to the degree of doing nothing for yourself.  It makes you out of balance with your soul.  He says you shouldn't be a gracious giver and a mean receiver.  That's me, though.  I give to everyone and don't let people give to me.  I think (I've really been meditating on this) that it's because I don't feel worthy to receive gifts.  They make me so uncomfortable.  And it's not just receiving from others.  It's receiving from yourself as well.  

I've really got to ponder this some more.

Well, the pizza is done so I will go eat and then finish up the shawl while I watch Doctor Who to my heart's content.

Oh, and mornings to myself are just lovely.  I don't feel like I can start my day right unless I have alone time in the morning.  I'm looking forward to having some meditation and devotional time.  I could never do that when Tom was on third shift unless I got up way early and I'm just not a morning person.

TTFN

1 comment:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

You are gifting yourself with the meditation, the pizza and the Dr. Who espisodes. It's all good. Enjoy!