Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Finally...light at the end of the tunnel that isn't another train

Things are looking up.  Zach no longer needs to be present in his Monday night class and his evening class tonight was canceled due to the instructor's daughter giving birth.  Maybe I have a chance to rest up and find some energy somewhere.  I can handle just two days a week of driving to Fond du Lac.  It will make the rest of the semester tolerable.

I had a headache today while waiting for Zach and the tylenol was in the car so I took a tramadol instead.  I hate to use them for headaches but this was a nagging one compounded by two women in the commons area who were sitting a distance away from each other and talking non-stop.  One of them took a questionnaire and was explaining it to the other one...question by question.  So the second woman wanted to take it, too.  The first one repeated each question
...again.  Then they went over the answers by repeating the questions yet again.  I was ready to scream.  I had been trying to read and just couldn't concentrate because of their non-stop talking and the headache.

Normally people in the commons try to talk quietly because students will frequently use that area for studying.  And why on earth they weren't sitting together, I have no idea.

So by the time Zach was done, I was ready to scream.  I chilled out on the way home though. Listening to audio books really helps calm me down and Artemis Fowl books are just wonderful to listen to.  Zach likes them better than Harry Potter.  I just found out that there is a movie planned.  I can't wait.

I am not happy with the shawl I'm knitting.  Because it's acrylic, I won't be able to block it and it's drawing in on itself, making it pretty heavy.  This shawl needs to be a bit lighter because the lady in question needs a summer shawl for church.  Something that will keep her warm but not sweating.  So I think I'll just look at a feather and fan pattern instead.  On larger needles.  On the other hand, I decided to use up the Caron Simply Soft I've got a drawerful of and knit a log cabin-ish baby blanket for the Haiti project our church is involved in.  It's mindless and feels good to knit.  Plus, I just can't handle monogamy in knitting.  It's too warm for me to think of mittens but I would love to be knitting socks.  I'm going to frog the mittens and use the yarn for socks.  Next winter...or late summer, I'll work on the mittens for Christmas presents.

Tonight is a Buffy night.  I'm working on season 1 now.  Tomorrow I'll pick up Midsomer Murders set 2 and maybe my Welsh course will come in to the library and I can start on that. I really want to learn another language and since one part of my heritage is Welsh (the others being Irish, Scottish, English, and Chiricahua Apache.)  I tried Gaelic but I didn't like the Irish Gaelic course and the Scottish course was okay but not a language much in use.  Welsh still is used a lot so I thought I would try it.  I'm not sure I can learn an language on my own but I'll try.

Well, I'm off to bed because the headache is back.  And some tremendous heartburn.  Darn that chili!

Buffy and knitting, here I come.  And some acid reducer.

TTFN

No comments: