Thursday, February 21, 2013

Playing phone tag

...with my mother.  Daddy was going to call this morning so I could talk to her but obviously something changed and he didn't call until this afternoon but I was at the store so I missed her call.  We have more snow coming in and with Tom working 12 hours a day right now and working this Saturday, I won't have a chance to get to the store.  The truck is absolute crap in snow but as the roads are good right now we took the opportunity to take it and get home before the front lands on our doorstep.  I wanted to get more sidewalk salt but everyone is out.  And I just have a little bit in a bag.  That will have to do, I suppose.

Still working on the shawl.  Mom sounded much stronger on voice mail today so I think she might make her goal of going home ahead of hospice.  But my dad sounded completely worn out and I worry about him.

I've turned the heel on the pink sock and am on the homestretch working the foot.  I should be done by Monday and I can just stick in a manila envelop and send it off.  After I find the address.  I've got 4 more skeins of yarn and apparently I can get a pair out of each skein so I don't know who's going to get those socks.  If my Mom keeps going the way she is, she'll get a pair, too.  I'm not kidding myself.  We're not talking months and months.  We're talking weeks and maybe a month or two but still...she loves those socks and would love another pair.  This time in purple.

I think my younger sister and my niece deserve pairs for the hours they put in visiting and helping out.  I would love to reward them with some socks.  I gave both sisters some earrings I no longer wear.  Nice earrings, but I rarely ever take my hoops out so I thought they would like them. 

Well, I'm still battling enormous fatigue so I think I'm going to crash with my knitting and the dvr inventory.  I went to bed early last night but woke up a couple of hours later in pain and it took a while for that to settle down so I was awake when Tom got in at 1:30 a.m.  I woke up at 8 a.m. for some reason and couldn't get back to sleep.  Since we're having fish & chips tonight, I'm going to bed and Zach can put them in the oven. 

The sun's not even down yet but it's getting dark because the snow is coming so I'm going to pretend it's later than it is.

No comments: