Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday is Recovery Day

I think I'm finally coming out of the depression...well, as much as I can without medication, that is. I slept until noon today. I just forced myself to go back to sleep until I felt at least a little bit rested. And I'm taking it easy today although later on I'll get busy and get some cleaning done along with some baking, I hope. I'll be glad when this semester is over and we don't have these marathon days that need another few days to recover from.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Zach will be graduating after this semester after all. He's been unable to find an internship. He finally got an interview but the man led him on for another two weeks waiting for a board meeting only to tell him they weren't set up to provide internships. I guess in this economy even unpaid internships cost a company too much.

So he's going to drop the class and take another one next semester only he's going with the portfolio instead. I'm really concerned though. If he can't get an unpaid job how on earth will he get a paid one?

He's been stressing out over this so much that he's lost sleep and isn't feeling well now with a head cold. I told him not to worry about it but to look at getting a job as soon as he can since he'll need to pay for his cobra once his insurance runs out after the first of the year. The class is online so we won't need to drive anywhere except to get us both to work somewhere. Me, likely to a fast food place since I'm virtually unemployable anywhere else, and him hopefully to a better paying job than the last one he had at McSnacky's, with more hours.

It's so hard when you try to do the right things and they still end up biting you in the ass.

I've been getting some knitting done but I've started another couple of projects so I don't appear to be making any progress toward a result any time soon. Zach wanted a neckwarmer with a specific look to it so I'm sort of hit and miss knitting right now with that. And still working on the socks for my sister and my own cardigan based on Oblique. I'd like to work more on designing some amulet bag necklaces but can't seem to get myself to work with the cotton thread again. I might just use my leftover sock yarn. I don't know how a wool necklace would feel though.

I've also been doing a lot of reading. I read The Magnificent Ambersons last week. I had wanted to read it before since it's supposed to take place in Indianapolis (Midland in the book) and finally got around to it. Then, coincidentally (?) the movie was on television just after I started the book. What a depressing book and movie though! So I moved onto the Miss Read Thrush Green series. Much lighter and brighter.

Well, off to clean up the kitchen so I can get some baking done before supper. Pizza Casserole tonight, I think. And maybe some muffins. I have some blackberries in the freezer that I might just use in the muffins. I should be putting more plastic on the windows since it's going to get cold again soon but today I just need to take it a bit easier.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I'm not getting much knitting done here. Just trying to clean and declutter the house.
Vicki