Friday, October 23, 2009

Still here and still boring

I've been taking a break from the internet hoping it might kick start my brain a bit and I might actually get some things done. Unfortunately it coincided with a pretty good fibromyalgia flare up and so I've been doing what I need to do to take care of that. Yesterday was the worst with deep depression setting in and me keeping to my bed for most of the day. But I did get a lot of reading done and managed to not give in to the pity party invitation so by bed time I was feeling a lot better. I'm taking my pain pills instead of hoarding them the way I usually do so pain is managed and that helps my state of mind a lot.

I used the down time to finish up my water shawl, which is a feather and fan pattern but the colors are a blue/purple and the waviness of the pattern makes the colors look alive and flowing so I think of water when I wear it. I started my earth shawl but am having trouble deciding on a pattern I like. I need to get back to the socks and the sweater and maybe some more sleep hats that I might be able to sell around Christmas time.

Zach is going to have to rake leaves today as the sidewalk is covered and the city gives tickets out for that. He hates the metal rake so I might pick up a plastic one when I go get my prescription today. He hasn't heard anything back from the interview for an internship. I don't understand why people don't do that anymore. They seem to keep you on the hook forever because they can't be bothered to call or email back to say no thanks or we're still deciding. Time is ticking away and we're at the midway point of the semester and still no internship. He's going to send out more feelers on Monday but I'm feeling a bit uneasy about it all. If it's this hard to get an unpaid internship, what will it take to get a paid job?

We haven't used the furnace for a week, thankfully. It's damp and cold today but the furnace hasn't kicked on yet. Apparently the house is staying pretty warm and I don't even have all the winterizing done. I must finish that soon though.

I have a puppy in my lap which makes it hard to type but with the weather a bit cooler, he tends to snuggle a bit more. He likes to hide in my housecoat like it's a kangaroo pouch with his face sticking out and his body nestled in on the belted part, with me supporting him. It limits me to one arm though so for now he's just sitting on my lap using his telepathy to try to force me to stop typing so he can snuggle.

No chance.

Well, time to get some things done before I leave for the store.

TTFN

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I've been on a break also. And so we resume. I need to get knitting. Having pizza tonight. Maybe that will get me some energy.
Vicki
Take care