Monday, November 24, 2008

One of the best Mondays

What I'm enjoying about Deer Widowhood:

1. I don't have someone waking me up at 8 a.m. because he's awake and I'm not.

2. No one to clean up after. Surprisingly, the 20 year old picks up after himself so I don't have to.

3. I can watch whatever I want on television without someone making fun of it or ridiculing it.

4. I can cook what I want and when I want.

5. I don't answer to anyone.

I finally watched Sweeney Todd. Very bizarre. I told myself I didn't want to watch it again, but I keep catching it on HBO and watching it again...and again...and again. Like watching a train wreck, I guess.

I also saw Hot Fuzz and loved it. One of the things I love about British productions is they use everyone they can get. I love seeing the same people over and over again.

I got a lot done in the past couple of days but I had to start out with shoveling snow this morning. I was a bit frantic, trying to get it done before we left for Zach's class. It was wet and heavy so my back was really hurting but we finished in time to leave but surprise! Zach checked his email from school before we left and the teacher was sick. In spite of back pain, I was doing the happy dance.

So I've been knitting and cleaning all day. I'm nearly finished with the hat for Charlotte but I do think I want to line it. I bought some more yarn in a different color because I thought it was more what she wanted. The other yarn won't go to waste though. I think it will make good mittens. Especially some from the Folk Mitten book. All I need is some black yarn to go with it.

I didn't do a lot of rearranging like I normally do but I did move a nightstand downstairs. I was using some plastic drawers and a tv tray for a table and it wasn't too sturdy and the nightstand wasn't being used so it's in the living room. It goes with the armoir that I moved into what used to be my bedroom so there is some continuity there at least. And I have more storage now.

The snow was gorgeous when I woke up but there were leaves under it on the sidewalk so it's not so pretty now. And I didn 't shovel the neighbor's sidewalk leading up to her door because of time constraints. I could have gone back out after I found out we weren't going to class but it was supposed to melt today anyway and I just let it go. I looked out before it got dark and it was mostly gone so by tomorrow she'll be set. I don't mind doing it for her except she has a son who is capable and when he does make it over to do her sidewalk, he never returns the favor. And he has a snowblower. Still, I don't want to take it out on her because of her son's behavior. She's so sweet and has done nothing to deserve me being a snotty ditch. Or words that rhyme with that.

I got Blue Murder, season 2 from the library this week and the second season is as good as the first. Another thing I like about British productions.

Tonight I intend to finish up the kitchen and work on the bathroom tomorrow. Then I'll just enjoy the rest of the break. Zach doesn't have school on Wednesday or Thursday and won't work again until Friday so for two days, I'll be like a layabout. Aside from cooking and dishes.

I'm off to finish up supper, knit my brains out and watch television and wind up some balls of yarn for Zach's project for tomorrow.

TTFN

No comments: